The Student Room Group

How to stop thoughts of crush distracting me from A2s?

I'm starting to get some good momentum going with my revision but sometimes my mind does wonder and I do think about my crush. What I try to do is do like 2 hours of focused work then as I break I reward myself with 10 minutes where I allow myself to daydream about her and think about how wonderful she is. But then sometimes after this I don't want to work anymore I feel less motivated because I think she's what really matters not exams. So idk maybe it's better to try an I all day not thinkin about her (very difficult for me) and then when I go to bed I can think about her and have sweet dreams about her :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Imagine her with diarrhoea
Just tell yourself if you fail, you won't go to uni, you won't get a high paying job and she won't want to **** with you
Reply 3
It might help to do short burst of 35-45 minutes - as then you are able to refresh your mind. Maybe send her a text when you have your main break e.g. lunchtime. This way you can still keep on track with your revision. It's only natural for you to want to think about her but you have to take control - only a couple months of hard work left...
Reply 4
Original post by rose101
It might help to do short burst of 35-45 minutes - as then you are able to refresh your mind. Maybe send her a text when you have your main break e.g. lunchtime. This way you can still keep on track with your revision. It's only natural for you to want to think about her but you have to take control - only a couple months of hard work left...

Original post by rose101

I can't wait to spend all summer daydreaming about her
Reply 5
Aww - so romantic! Nonetheless you just need to balance out revision and her:smile:
Original post by rose101
Aww - so romantic! Nonetheless you just need to balance out revision and her:smile:

Look at this guy's post/thread history. I swear he's been obsessed with this girl for years to the extent it's gone creepy.
Reply 7
Just picture her handing you your failed grade while making out with a girl and the person you hate most proposing to her.

Or better yet, picture yourself passing and then asking her out on a date, and she says yes to and you end up in the uni you wanted to go to studying the course you wanted.

P.S good luck for your A2 exams!
Reply 8
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Look at this guy's post/thread history. I swear he's been obsessed with this girl for years to the extent it's gone creepy.

Aha that's harsh
Reply 9
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

I will admit I am obsessed but only Beausr she is so amazing and sweet and wonderful. Besides it's not hurting anyone if I just like to fantasise about her and daydream about her. It feels nice to imagine us being together and even if I cant have her as a girlfriend atleast she is my imaginary girlfriend
Original post by Forumaddict
I can't wait to spend all summer daydreaming about her

I can't tell if you're trolling?

To be honest though you remind me of what I was like in AS but it wasn't till I moved on earlier this year when I realised what a waste of time it was. I could have performed a lot better at AS if it wasn't for my fantasising, so I recommend you forget her if you're not going to get anywhere with her. I know by personal experience that you can't help it, but honestly you'll feel so free when you just focus on yourself and your grades at A2.
Original post by NadeemKha_Arab
I can't tell if you're trolling?

To be honest though you remind me of what I was like in AS but it wasn't till I moved on earlier this year when I realised what a waste of time it was. I could have performed a lot better at AS if it wasn't for my fantasising, so I recommend you forget her if you're not going to get anywhere with her. I know by personal experience that you can't help it, but honestly you'll feel so free when you just focus on yourself and your grades at A2.

But she's perfect dont want to stop thinking about her
Have a **** over her then go back to revising, should kill your daydreaming for a bit.
But she's perfect dont want to stop thinking about her

You will only ever see the good things in her. Even if you see some bad things you will excuse them and think the good stuff outweighs the bad. You're blinding yourself because you want her. You need to realise she may not be good for you.
In my case I ended up realising most of her personality was actually bad and that she wasn't as perfect as she seemed, and there were only very few good things about her. I just didn't see it until I woke up, and that's what you need to do.

Don't get me wrong though, if you still haven't tried talking to her then you really need to otherwise it's helpless daydreaming you're going to be together. If on the other hand she doesn't want you then you HAVE to move on if you actually want to do well
You will only ever see the good things in her. Even if you see some bad things you will excuse them and think the good stuff outweighs the bad. You're blinding yourself because you want her. You need to realise she may not be good for you.
In my case I ended up realising most of her personality was actually bad and that she wasn't as perfect as she seemed, and there were only very few good things about her. I just didn't see it until I woke up, and that's what you need to do.

Don't get me wrong though, if you still haven't tried talking to her then you really need to otherwise it's helpless daydreaming you're going to be together. If on the other hand she doesn't want you then you HAVE to move on if you actually want to do well

But there is nothing ba about her only good things. She is sweet and mind and warm and pretty and hard working and sensible and clever and literally everything I could ever dream about. I just want to be with her for even 1 day, I would trade 10 years of my life for 1day of experiencing her being my girlfriend
Original post by Anonymous
Have a **** over her then go back to revising, should kill your daydreaming for a bit.

I do this already but afterwards I just want to lay down and pretend to kiss her
I give up ^
I give up ^

But you said you got over her when you realise she had a bad personality but in the awe of my crush this would simply not be true there's nothing bad about her she is sweet kind warm and friendly . So how can I not like her?
But you said you got over her when you realise she had a bad personality but in the awe of my crush this would simply not be true there's nothing bad about her she is sweet kind warm and friendly . So how can I not like her?

I thought the same in my case. I thought there was no person as nice as her, and she was one of the nicest people out there. But a lot of people you meet will generally not be what they seem to you. That's just life.
Holy wow I hope this is a joke. :argh:
Otherwise, I'm kind of speechless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending