The Student Room Group

(on whatsapp) he reads my messages but doesnt reply

I've been talking to this guy, whenever I message him he always reads it and never replies.

Why does he do that? I don't want to keep on messaging him because then I'll look like I give a ****. What should I do? (cuz I actually like talking to him)
When was the last time he responded?

He might be busy. He might not be interested. There's a lot of different situations this could be, but the best thing to do is not over-think. If you've left me a message that he is able to respond to, just leave it for now. The ball is in his court.
Reply 2
he sounds like a prick
Who is he? Are you dating? Where did you meet?

Either way stop messaging him right away.
Reply 4
He might not be ignoring you per se, but id say he's definitely not interested in you.
Gonna need a little bit more to go on before I can come to any kind of judgement
Original post by Anonymous
I've been talking to this guy, whenever I message him he always reads it and never replies.

Why does he do that? I don't want to keep on messaging him because then I'll look like I give a ****. What should I do? (cuz I actually like talking to him)

he's not interested

busy is not an excuse
you can literally reply in VN's on whatsapp it's not difficult.

the ball should not be in his court, it should be in yours - he already has two balls why should he get a third?

OP leave it, talk to someone else, stop talking to him, and change your whatsapp dp to something really hot.
He might be making up all these expectations you might have of him that he has to meet or else you'll lose interest, and something like that can turn anyone off from talking to someone. Guys tend to do that sometimes if they've been riddled with bad experiences or if they're just not feeling you or don't feel you understand them.

I met this girl online who wanted to keep texting me some time ago, but, I just felt like we weren't really compatible when it came to talking to each other. Just the way we thought about stuff I suppose, and our interests and probably our whole disposition.
It's funny you say you like talking to him...but in reality you are having a conversation with yourself because he's not replying...

He's no interested/rude/doesn't value your time..find someone who does and leave him (regardless of dating/friendship etc)
He's either not interested, really busy or trying to see if you make an effort to talk to him.

I normally do the last, or ignore/delay replying because I'm a lazy and an *******.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending