The Student Room Group

Has anyone else lost interest in A-levels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stefano865
:hugs:

I was having a really rough morning when I wrote that. Like I was literally about to smash my head into a wall. I feel much better now, and much less violent :redface:

Thank you for the hug :kissing2:
Reply 21
Original post by Student403
That sounded very Zain-y :colone: Ikr!? I've got my German in just over 2 weeks lol

At this point I feel like I'm trying to do well to repay my teachers who wrote my recommendations :rofl:

Zain-y how :lol:

Yikes! Das is schlecht xD

Ivy material recs as well bro, they deserve straight 600s for that!
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I was having a really rough morning when I wrote that. Like I was literally about to smash my head into a wall. I feel much better now, and much less violent :redface:

Thank you for the hug :kissing2:

No problem. :kissing2:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/149332-4-7-8-breathing-exercises/
Original post by Ayman!
Zain-y how :lol:

Yikes! Das is schlecht xD

Ivy material recs as well bro, they deserve straight 600s for that!

The English sort of dialect - hard to explain :lol: "rat's arse"

Haha I hope they're happy! What about you? Any motivating factors?
Reply 24
The English sort of dialect - hard to explain :lol: "rat's arse"

Haha I hope they're happy! What about you? Any motivating factors?

Oh yeah, I find it funny how he says "summat" and "shite" even though he's raised Mauritauni :laugh:

Same, teachers would be proud and our school publishes all our results on the bulletin board along with our UMS in each and every module. It's up for a year or so, so might as well try for it to look nice. XD
My mom doesn't understand the difference between an A and an A* but it'd be pretty cool to tell her I've bagged a few on results day. :colondollar:
Original post by Ayman!
Oh yeah, I find it funny how he says "summat" and "shite" even though he's raised Mauritauni :laugh:

Same, teachers would be proud and our school publishes all our results on the bulletin board along with our UMS in each and every module. It's up for a year or so, so might as well try for it to look nice. XD
My mom doesn't understand the difference between an A and an A* but it'd be pretty cool to tell her I've bagged a few on results day. :colondollar:

I think it is the Bells influence :3

Woah that seems very detailed :lol: tough school! Haha to my parents, as in third grade, a star is what I should always be going for >.< :teehee:
Original post by Ayman!
I've also suddenly contracted this "I couldn't give a rat's arse" attitude. Looking for a way to beat it. ;-; We've got M3 in less than a month!

:afraid:
Reply 27
Original post by Ayman!
I've also suddenly contracted this "I couldn't give a rat's arse" attitude. Looking for a way to beat it. ;-; We've got M3 in less than a month!

I have been doing everything to avoid M3, but now I can't :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by kkboyk
I have been doing everything to avoid M3, but now I can't :frown:

Original post by Imperion
:afraid:

We can do it, lads! May the SHM be with us. :biggrin:

I think it is the Bells influence :3

Woah that seems very detailed :lol: tough school! Haha to my parents, as in third grade, a star is what I should always be going for >.< :teehee:

Makes me nervous when I think about it... My grades will be out for the world to see for an entire year xD
Original post by Ayman!

Makes me nervous when I think about it... My grades will be out for the world to see for an entire year xD

Oh my :eek4:
GCSEs are probably a lot more boring and uninteresting. I can't wait until A Levels - no more science! :biggrin:
Trust me. I'm just strolling through life as if I have all the time in the world, once in a while I'll get a bit stressed but the fact that I'm so calm worries me. My exams are in a month and I haven't even started/ looked at the materials for some of my subjects and I'm getting this feeling that I'm absolutely ****ed :'(
Reply 32
Original post by Ayman!

My brain is not elastic enough :cry2:

Original post by HamzahPatel
GCSEs are probably a lot more boring and uninteresting. I can't wait until A Levels - no more science! :biggrin:
Let's see if you won't say that next year lol. To be fair, A-level is interesting if you are doing subjects you like, but also the most demotivating thing you would have encountered so far.
(edited 8 years ago)
idk i understand the value of trying hard for them but i just cant be bothered spending hours working whereas everyone around me is sweating revision.

In the end il probably work super hard as the exams come closer but as of now I've lost interest.
I hate A2 and I hate life. Cannot wait until July thats all I have to say.
Original post by HamzahPatel

Ahahahahahaha I was like you two years ago so excited to take A levels, ah I wish I had the same enthusiasm I did back then.

This is basically me right now with Chemistry, Physics, History A level and an AS in Maths :colonhash: awwww nope I'm done nope nope nopeity nope
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Trust me. I'm just strolling through life as if I have all the time in the world, once in a while I'll get a bit stressed but the fact that I'm so calm worries me. My exams are in a month and I haven't even started/ looked at the materials for some of my subjects and I'm getting this feeling that I'm absolutely ****ed :'(

I feel very similar. I'm doing my AS this year and I feel positively relaxed compared to this time last year. I'm not very stressed, and this does worry me, but I'm doing the revision, so i have to hope for the best.
Original post by Ayman!

:afraid::afraid::afraid::afraid:

This whole M3 thing is what is making me lose my motivation... I can do it... I just confuse myself- very badly. I've contracted the same attitude, and I want it gone too... I need to do well. ( For my sanity) :smile:
I feel like mine are going really, really awfully. It's not like I'm even bad at my subjects. Obviously I picked them because they are my best. But it's just so damn hard, and I do find myself losing focus with it.
I am so so awful at keeping on track. Just tonight I've had to complete two essays, both of which should have already been given in and marked. I've had a busy week of exams but... that's no excuse really. I just get distracted by... Anything. I hate myself for doing it.
So true,I feel like at the start of year 12,i was clueless in revision,then after Easter I worked my ass off.Now in year 13,it's the other way round for me ughhh,I'm gonna have to think of motivational strategies🙄🙄🙄.

Quick Reply

Latest