The Student Room Group

What can you do with a Maths degree?

Can someone gimme a full range of careers you can do with a maths degree?

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Maths
Original post by hxfsxh
Maths

truly awe-inspiring comment right there

12/10 for effort
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
truly awe-inspiring comment right there

12/10 for effort

Ikr. :rofl:
Reply 6
Original post by Youngmetro
Can someone gimme a full range of careers you can do with a maths degree?

thanks

There is A LOT of careers you can get into with a Maths degree, and I am not exaggerating. In fact, quite a lot of job do not require a specific degree. You can use Sheffield's graduate destination data to see the kind of jobs a lot of their graduate do (here's Imperial's grad destination too). You could also read this article to see who employs Maths graduate.
You can maths debate. :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by hxfsxh
Maths

Thanks, that helped a lot.
Mathematician
woo
Reply 10

Original post by kkboyk
There is A LOT of careers you can get into with a Maths degree, and I am not exaggerating. In fact, quite a lot of job do not require a specific degree. You can use Sheffield's graduate destination data to see the kind of jobs a lot of their graduate do (here's Imperial's grad destination too). You could also read this article to see who employs Maths graduate.

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it :smile:
http://www.mathscareers.org.uk/

Here's what the IMA (Institute for Mathematics and its Applications) have put together, I think the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) have a similar one.
Original post by hxfsxh
Maths

Original post by Youngmetro
Thanks, that helped a lot.

Glad to have made such an impact.
Reply 14
Original post by Associativity
http://www.mathscareers.org.uk/

Here's what the IMA (Institute for Mathematics and its Applications) have put together, I think the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) have a similar one.

thanks for that, looks like a very insightful website
Reply 15
Original post by The.Joker
You can maths debate. :wink:

oh ffs, just realised it :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by hxfsxh
Maths

No ****
Reply 17
Countdown
Original post by ODES_PDES
No ****

Well, yeah actually :u:
There are the obvious things that specifically require analytically-minded people, but you'll also pick up many transferable skills (this will open the door to a multitude of other professions :yes:).

And maths/physics degrees are widely considered to be the most difficult, which means that they're very well respected :biggrin:

Quick Reply