The Student Room Group

Why do guys text loads and then go silent?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I can see that but it's been a few days now! Surely if someone's interested they'd find time for a quick message no? Or is that normal? Sorry not very experienced here so not sure what's the norm or a red flag!!

See you can never be too sure. Sometimes guys try to "play it cool" when they like you and not text you back, which to me is very inconsiderate and I never appreciate that, but sometimes they mistakenly think thats the way to do it. Don't know which idoit told them that, but some guys actually believe thats what you do with a person they like :confused::confused: .Or maybe he's just really busy because of a family problem thats popped up or perhaps worst case scenario he doesn't like you as much as you like him (his loss because you're great). But we have no idea, we can only ask him about it.

But I understand why you're asking this question, as I'm quite like you in that I would make sure to give someone I care about a quick text regardless of how busy I might be. But not everyone can be as caring and considerate as you and I! :smile:

I can only give you a big hug and tell you to eat some icecream, go out with some friends, see a movie etc. to stop analyzing it all and give yourself some time out. Boys are weird (quote from my brother for you) :s-smilie:

And by red flag I meant when a relationship has been firmly established (which it doesn't sound like yours is) i.e. dating for a couple months or whatever, crazy paranoia is generally a sign of really bad underlying issues in a relationship. But I wouldn't say thats relevant to your problem right now.
This isn't a male thing, this is something any one can do for a number of different plausible reasons. There really is little point reading in to something like this, otherwise it'll drive you crazy!
Original post by Emily.97
This isn't a male thing, this is something any one can do for a number of different plausible reasons. There really is little point reading in to something like this, otherwise it'll drive you crazy!

So what should i do then, just wait?!
Original post by Anonymous
So what should i do then, just wait?!

Just try not to think about it too much. If he replies he replies, if he doesn't, he doesn't.
Original post by Tinemither
You should totally let the guys who will message you back into your life. They're normally a little less attractive, or not at all, relatively well educated and not up for sex or nudes. Sound good? Good. Because only dicks, pricks and douchebags fail to respond to messages.

I may take a while, but if you can hold up a conversation as well as I can, you will always get a reply.

Awwwwww :3 Refreshing to read
Original post by Jaeger12
Also, I don't like the idea of texting. I personally think if you are really interested in each other you should be calling.

This.
Original post by Jaeger12
Also, I don't like the idea of texting. I personally think if you are really interested in each other you should be calling.

Omg I used to think I was weird because I would prefer talking on the phone to someone I was really interested in. I don't understand why some people don't like phone calls. They're much more personal, and you don't fall into the problem of misunderstandings.
Original post by Sabby888
Awwwwww :3 Refreshing to read

Apparently it was crap advice, according to someone else! But thank you >.<
Original post by Novascope
Omg I used to think I was weird because I would prefer talking on the phone to someone I was really interested in. I don't understand why some people don't like phone calls. They're much more personal, and you don't fall into the problem of misunderstandings.

Do you call someone up if you dont even know them that well? Wont he think its a bit weird if we met a few weeks ago?
Yep, just when you think your getting along well, they go silent. I'm really fed up with men at the moment xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending