The Student Room Group

Am I in deep trouble

I have a Greek and Roman literature exam in 3 weeks and stupidly I have not finished reading the Illiad, Odyssey and Aeneid. I am currently reading the Odyssey but doubt I have time to finish all three along with my other revision. However I know the synopsis of the stories and If I read the streamlined summary of each book and section then revise themes required should I be ok to pass
Original post by Connman123
I have a Greek and Roman literature exam in 3 weeks and stupidly I have not finished reading the Illiad, Odyssey and Aeneid. I am currently reading the Odyssey but doubt I have time to finish all three along with my other revision. However I know the synopsis of the stories and If I read the streamlined summary of each book and section then revise themes required should I be ok to pass

I have moved this into the Classics study help forum where it is more likely to be answered (the art and design university courses forum is full of artists and graphic designers so not ideal!)
Original post by PQ
I have moved this into the Classics study help forum where it is more likely to be answered (the art and design university courses forum is full of artists and graphic designers so not ideal!)

I would re read the shortened versions to get the gist of each book and then see if you can find some quotes from each of the books to analyse in depth. You could also purchase the audiobooks if there are some available and just listen to those as they are quicker to listen to than you having to sit down and read the whole book.

Hope this helps :smile:
Xx
yeh mate i did the odyssey last year n didnt even own the book n got a B in my odyssey exam. im also an A student in english lit n never read a book in me life. good luck x

Quick Reply