The Student Room Group

Starting a new job tommorow and its technically my 1st job, any words of wisdom?

Scroll to see replies

Dont go
Reply 41
Original post by claireestelle
Unfortunately i think that's gone out of the window :/

Go to bed, and listen to music quietly. You'll still get some rest and it's better than being wide awake
Original post by Juno
Go to bed, and listen to music quietly. You'll still get some rest and it's better than being wide awake

I m awake due to tooth pain and the paracetamol is taking forever to kick in otherwise i d already be in bed really.
Reply 43
I m awake due to tooth pain and the paracetamol is taking forever to kick in otherwise i d already be in bed really.

Ibuprofen can be taken with paracetamol and is often better for tooth pain
Reply 44
It s gonna be alright lol
Don`t panic that much they won`t fire you for anything you do during your first week as long as you dont burn the whole place down :biggrin:
Reply 45
Feeling incredibly nervous, i ve done a couple of voluntary things before and some work experience placements but never a paid job and I think its making me even more nervous :/

How is it going?

Did you wake in good time and get that smoothie?

Made tea for everyone (I expect they won't allow you to do that on the first day, that joy comes in day 2)?

Set fire to the premises yet?

Toothache not too bad I hope?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a part time sales associate job :smile:

Where is it at
Original post by jneill
How is it going?

Did you wake in good time and get that smoothie?

Made tea for everyone (I expect they won't allow you to do that on the first day, that joy comes in day 2)?

Set fire to the premises yet?

Toothache not too bad I hope?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It went well, i woke up in good time but couldnt stomach a smoothie. Fortunately, after struggling to sleep i've had no problems with my tooth today. With a very small amount of staff no one wanted a brew but will make sure to continue offering :smile:
Reply 48
It went well, i woke up in good time but couldnt stomach a smoothie. Fortunately, after struggling to sleep i've had no problems with my tooth today. With a very small amount of staff no one wanted a brew but will make sure to continue offering :smile:

Good stuff! :smile:
day late but I was going to suggest use the force.

how was it like working retail (be warned for school holidays in retail sector...you will be swamped)
Original post by quasa
day late but I was going to suggest use the force.

how was it like working retail (be warned for school holidays in retail sector...you will be swamped)

I m enjoying it so fat, but with where i m working i m not sure the summer will be that much busier.
I m enjoying it so fat, but with where i m working i m not sure the summer will be that much busier.

summer can vary but in the run to christmas, burakku friday (darn you south park) and easter can be hectic.

Quick Reply

Latest