The Student Room Group

Physics student- not much other skills-help with internship

I am a 1st year durham physics student with limited knowledge of other things, what can I do to improve this so I can apply to internships, (I dont mind much in what, its more the expereince of doing something rather than nothing), there arent many internships that accept just cause you do physics.

I do engage in extracurricular activities
Original post by Thisguy11
I am a 1st year durham physics student with limited knowledge of other things, what can I do to improve this so I can apply to internships, (I dont mind much in what, its more the expereince of doing something rather than nothing), there arent many internships that accept just cause you do physics.

I do engage in extracurricular activities

You must be a bright guy for Physics at Durham! Can you be more specific on what time of internship? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by acontium
You must be a bright guy for Physics at Durham! Can you be more specific on what time of internship? :smile:

Well if possible (unlikely), it would be this summer, next is fine too, I remmber going to the fair this year and they were fater 2nd years, all of things seem to require some side knowledge. Next year would also be fine (summer/)

If you meant to say type of internship, it just has to be summer and and give me any transferable skills.
Original post by Thisguy11
Well if possible (unlikely), it would be this summer, next is fine too, I remmber going to the fair this year and they were fater 2nd years, all of things seem to require some side knowledge. Next year would also be fine (summer/)

If you meant to say type of internship, it just has to be summer and and give me any transferable skills.

I did apologies! Terrible typing today :frown: Okay... So in terms of internships this year most of the application cycle is far over, but you could try reach out to companies independently and any family or friend connection could help out! And unfortunately that doesn't help as say a finance internship will be vastly different to one in technology. Focus on what you enjoy and read more about it. In terms of transferable skills try maybe a side project? (Programming, Physics research etc) just to show you are a good independent worker. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by acontium
I did apologies! Terrible typing today :frown: Okay... So in terms of internships this year most of the application cycle is far over, but you could try reach out to companies independently and any family or friend connection could help out! And unfortunately that doesn't help as say a finance internship will be vastly different to one in technology. Focus on what you enjoy and read more about it. In terms of transferable skills try maybe a side project? (Programming, Physics research etc) just to show you are a good independent worker. :smile:

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending