The Student Room Group

Court stops circumcision.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
Agree. I fail to see why it is fundamentally any different to FGM.

At least we don't have the obscene situation that prevails in the US, where male circumcision is perpetuated by the medical profession as an easy, billion dollar business, with new customers arriving every day!

Possibly not, but I get the feeling that attitudes towards religious privilege are changing, with the whole Islam business acting as a catalyst.

IT IS DIFFERENT

male circumcision is no where same as FGM.
Original post by chemting
Don't worry brother, no deed or thread goes unseen by Allah...

he will surely reward you with wine, women and riches...

Posted from TSR Mobile

This post has been reported, surprise surprise :toofunny:
Original post by QE2
My poor thread! Just look at it!
You bastards!

Don't pull a Zamestaneh. :hand:
It baffles me why religious people sometimes cannot grasp the simplest logic. If Allah hates foreskins so much then he would simply have created man without them.

Also, for a god who claims to hate anything homosexual, he certainly seems to spend a lot of time thinking about not only how penises should look, but where they should be inserted...

Now that society is more accepting hopefully Allah feels confident enough to come out of the closet :sadnod:
It's time to put an end to unnecessary mutilation of babies.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It baffles me why religious people sometimes cannot grasp the simplest logic. If Allah hates foreskins so much then he would simply have created man without them.

Also, for a god who claims to hate anything homosexual, he certainly seems to spend a lot of time thinking about not only how penises should look, but where they should be inserted...

Now that society is more accepting hopefully Allah feels confident enough to come out of the closet :sadnod:

Strong comment; I feel like it should be on your About Me :rofl:

Allah is just a hypocrite it seems, like the rest of us. :colonhash:

Maybe Allah forgot to remove the foreskin so is asking us, humans, to do it... Does that mean we're greater than Allah? :u::ahee:

Ah, thanks for letting me know :smile:

It seems that no deed or post is unseen by the pious and the offended.
Obviously you can't circumsize a 4 year old, they'll remember that **** for the rest of their lives. But to a relatively newborn child, I honestly don't see why so many people here are crying over it. I'm quite glad I am and I can't think of any way it's hindered me in life :erm:
Original post by QE2
Glad to see the courts exercising some common sense and thinking of the welfare of children rather than religious privilege.
This should always be the case, even if both parents agree.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/apr/19/muslim-man-loses-high-court-bid-to-have-sons-circumcised

This is only in a case where one parent disagrees. But there are many cases where both parents agree and support circumcision. There is also the issue that even if it were made illegal, there is the chance of a black market opening for illegal circumcisions or parents sending kids abroad to get circumcised. So ultimately, I don't think the courts will be able to have much effect on the issue as a whole. I think more emphasis needs to be put on challenging the tradition.

Original post by alexschmalex
Obviously you can't circumsize a 4 year old, they'll remember that **** for the rest of their lives. But to a relatively newborn child, I honestly don't see why so many people here are crying over it. I'm quite glad I am and I can't think of any way it's hindered me in life :erm:

One could make the same argument in favour of paedophilia.... The baby wont remember, so what's the harm?
(edited 7 years ago)

:rofl:

i wonder what did he reporter wrote in the report
A girl once told me she is only willing to give BJ to a circumcised dick due to hygiene reasons.
Original post by QE2
Agree. I fail to see why it is fundamentally any different to FGM.

That's your problem. You also failed to understand that the decision of the court was made only because of the objection of the mother.
Original post by QE2
But it is tradition.
Muslims and jews traditionally circumcise their male children, because their gods demand it.

So you don't know the difference between religion and traditions? Very sad. :cool:
I can't think of any way it's hindered me in life :erm:

If you never had one how would you know what you've missed out on?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by admonit

So you don't know the difference between religion and traditions? Very sad. :cool:

You sound like an Islam apologist. Tzortzis in disguise?

The post has been deleted, and I got a reminder.

RIP: the pious have won again
Reply 56
Original post by HucktheForde
IT IS DIFFERENT

male circumcision is no where same as FGM.
Fundamentally, it is no different.
They both involve the needless removal of part of a child's genitals without their consent.

Neither can be justified in any way whatsoever.
Original post by chemting
You sound like an Islam apologist. Tzortzis in disguise?

No, I'm apologist of truth and logic.
Original post by QE2
Glad to see the courts exercising some common sense and thinking of the welfare of children rather than religious privilege.
This should always be the case, even if both parents agree.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/apr/19/muslim-man-loses-high-court-bid-to-have-sons-circumcised
/me gives a ****.

As long as they don't prevent me from having whatever sons I eventually have from being done; foreskin problems have run in my family for at least six generations.
Reply 59
If people want to be circumcised, they can wait 'til they are 16 and consent to the operation. There is absolutely no need to do it, especially not to a baby who has no say in the matter.

Quick Reply