The Student Room Group

Chosing offers ! What would you do??

Hi everyone,

So i have 2 offers to study Adult Nursing at MMU and Salford. Offers are:

MMU all distinctions in my access which i have so far besides one merit.

Salford: merits or distinctions AND to pass my GCSE Science with a grade C.

Im swayed more towards Salford but wirried about the science and waiting for results. Which whould you put as firm & insurance?
Secindly does the insurance choice know that they are the insurance choice?

Thanks S xx
Reply 1
Original post by Studentnurse.
Hi everyone,

Im swayed more towards Salford but wirried about the science and waiting for results. Which whould you put as firm & insurance?

Thanks S xx

That's a tough one. Typically you would put the one with higher conditions as your firm and the other as you insurance. So if you don't meet the firsts conditions you have a shot at the insurance.

So in your case mmu firm and Salford insurance BUT you have the added science which changes things slightly. What are your predictions for the science?

You do also need to think where you would be happier. Do you like them both equally?

Congrats on the 2 offers though 👍🏼
Original post by Studentnurse.
Hi everyone,

Thanks S xx

It comes down to where you want to be more, obviously the logical choice is MMU as firm and Salford as insurance, which is what people generally do, but it's no good firming MMU if you aren't as keen on the course/atmosphere. Have you been to visit both campuses?

Nursing can be a bit of a funny one where you can sometimes (at the discretion of the admissions team) be allowed in with slightly lower grades, just because of all the pre-employment checks that need to be done, it's easier for the universities to take someone who has just missed the entry requirements but has got all the DBS and occy health stuff in place than finding someone through clearing and rushing to get their stuff sorted. If you don't quite make the grades you can always phone them up and explain the situation.
Have you contacted MMU to make sure they will still accept you with one merit? Someone in my class got the same offer off them to get all distinctions and has a few merits too. If they will still accept you with the merit then I would put MMU down as your firm and Salford as your insurance personally.
Original post by katienursing2015
Have you contacted MMU to make sure they will still accept you with one mert? Someone in my class got the same offer off them to get all distinctions and has a few merits too. If they will still accept you with the merit then I would put MMU down as your firm and Salford as your insurance personally.

Hi i did ring but was told by Neil he couldnt say for defo if i would still get a place but to try and not get any more merits x
Original post by kjp06
That's a tough one. Typically you would put the one with higher conditions as your firm and the other as you insurance. So if you don't meet the firsts conditions you have a shot at the insurance.

So in your case mmu firm and Salford insurance BUT you have the added science which changes things slightly. What are your predictions for the science?

You do also need to think where you would be happier. Do you like them both equally?

Congrats on the 2 offers though 👍🏼

Thanks, Im predicted an A but things can always go wrong in exams. I like Salford extra module options and the new skills labs. Both courses seem quite similar and i love them both !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending