The Student Room Group

100 UMS in C1/C2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thefatone
how many marks on average would you need for 100 UMS on a C1 or C2 paper?

tbh i'm going for 100% but it doesn't look that way >.> i can get a good grade but i won't get 100% :/

You need to aim for full raw marks.
Original post by SaadKaleem
You need to aim for full raw marks.

.-. this sucks so how many would that be? 60/75? 65/75? 70/75? or even full marks?
You just need a good exercise/text book and to have done the questions from it, once you've done it you should have enough experience at spotting what technique is needed in the exam. Probably worth doing a couple of past papers to ensure your timing is good though. Also probably study the previous couple papers to see recurring pattersn/questions. There's onlu a need to do more than a couple past papers if your timing is off imo but it all depends on how you want to work :smile:
.-. this sucks so how many would that be? 60/75? 65/75? 70/75? or even full marks?

he just said full raw marks
Original post by Student403

Some people r slow init.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25

75/75.

Full=100% raw
So we have
(x/75).100=100
Upon dividing by 100=/=0
<-> (x/75)=1
Multiplying by 75
X=75
Hence 75/75 is the required mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Full=100% raw
So we have
(x/75).100=100
Upon dividing by 100=/=0
<-> (x/75)=1
Multiplying by 75
X=75

Posted from TSR Mobile

[2 marks]

Student shows understanding of question, 1 mark
Student provides correct answer with clear method, 1 mark
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
how many marks on average would you need for 100 UMS on a C1 or C2 paper?

tbh i'm going for 100% but it doesn't look that way >.> i can get a good grade but i won't get 100% :/

74 if you're lucky. xD

There's always people like Zacken and Physicsmaths inflating dem boundaries. :colonhash:
Original post by Ayman!
74 if you're lucky. xD

There's always people like Zacken and Physicsmaths inflating dem boundaries. :colonhash:

Lol not me.
Im **** with exams since i end up doing nothing till a few days before the exam really hurts my applied marks. I have only done M4 M5 (last year lol) and abit of S3. Have not touched S4 D1 D2 and the exams are quite soon lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol not me.
Im **** with exams since i end up doing nothing till a few days before the exam really hurts my applied marks. I have only done M4 M5 (last year lol) and abit of S3. Have not touched S4 D1 D2 and the exams are quite soon lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you can do M5 I think D1 will be a breeze :biggrin:
I'm pretty sure. my english isn't that vague. :toofunny:
Original post by Student403

Some people r slow init.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zacken
75/75.

Full=100% raw
So we have
(x/75).100=100
Upon dividing by 100=/=0
<-> (x/75)=1
Multiplying by 75
X=75

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Ayman!
74 if you're lucky. xD

i see ok

i didn't understand what raw meant...
Original post by Kieran1996
If you can do M5 I think D1 will be a breeze :biggrin:

Im weird. I got a E in S2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im weird. I got a E in S2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I am the same.

My best module: FP1 (100 ums)
My worst module: C2 (75 ums)

Idk how I found further maths easier than core :colondollar:
I got 98/100 UMS in C1 and I just did past papers.

Did you do AS last year?
Getting 100 requires a fair amount of luck tbh with you. You can do all the practice in the world, understand every little bit of content involved but ultimately to get 100 it comes down to being able to flawlessly execute an exam, since most of the time you will need 75/75 to get it. Yes, there are things you can do to reduce the chances of silly mistakes, misreads etc but ultimately the risk will always be there, whether you have done 6 papers or 30. You just have to stay calm when you inevitably make mistakes and do what you can to rectify them in the exam.
Original post by Kieran1996
Haha I am the same.

My best module: FP1 (100 ums)
My worst module: C2 (75 ums)

Idk how I found further maths easier than core :colondollar:

Lol i did good in pure maths and M1 M2 with loest being 94 in C2. M3 75 (lost 7 marks on a suvat ****ing hell and added some gpe) S2 49 lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Imo there is no difference between a mid 90s and a 100 student, it just comes down to luck on the day and being careful to not mistakes, the understanding is clearly there if someone can get mid 90s.
Original post by BBeyond
Imo there is no difference between a mid 90s and a 100 student, it just comes down to luck on the day and being careful to not mistakes, the understanding is clearly there if someone can get mid 90s.

I agree tbh

Quick Reply

Latest