The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

St George Accommodation?

Hi everyone :biggrin:

I just applied for student accommodation at Sheffield University for this September. I am a mature student (20 years old)

I applied for St George En-Suite because it looked really beautiful..
However I've been doing some research and feel like it's a bit isolated compared to the other accommodation available as there are only 28 residents there.

I'm so naive about all of this and wondered if anyone knows much about St George and if it's worth applying some where else?
Reply 1
How did you apply specifically for St Georges? I really like it and want to specify it as my preference
Thanks
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I'm at the University of Sheffield at the moment. The St.George's accommodation is in the top of a church. The church itself is a lecture theater that is occasionally used however it is in a good location being close to the city center; literally 5 minutes walk from everything you'd ever need. The main accommodation in Endcliffe/Ranmoor is a good 30 minute walk up the road but obviously has the big student atmosphere, whereas St.George's does not.
I've applied for St Georges and have just been allocated flat 2 room 4,

I'm 21 and will be in third year of a psychology undergrad next year

St George's is really close to uni and town so will be convenient for attending socials and nights out but the block itself won't be hugely sociable/noisy which is what I'm after!

Anyone in flat two or have any questions in case you're new to Sheffield?

Looking forwards to meeting you all!
Original post by Caitrm
How did you apply specifically for St Georges? I really like it and want to specify it as my preference
Thanks

http://returners.group.shef.ac.uk/stgeorges-flats

then click apply, is how I dd it

Though I thnk that route is only for returners (ie current studients who aren't in first year). I'd say your best bet would be to email
Reply 5
Original post by Caitrm
Thanks

Hi there! http://360degreevirtualtours.group.shef.ac.uk/city/undergraduate/ensuite I did. I applied from the link and just specifically selected St George when applying online for accommodation. Sorry I've only saw this today. Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by examiningboard
I'm at the University of Sheffield at the moment. The St.George's accommodation is in the top of a church. The church itself is a lecture theater that is occasionally used however it is in a good location being close to the city center; literally 5 minutes walk from everything you'd ever need. The main accommodation in Endcliffe/Ranmoor is a good 30 minute walk up the road but obviously has the big student atmosphere, whereas St.George's does not.

Hi there.

Thank you so much for this! I did think that, I might have to think it over.
Reply 7
Original post by hungryatafuneral
I've applied for St Georges and have just been allocated flat 2 room 4,

I'm 21 and will be in third year of a psychology undergrad next year

St George's is really close to uni and town so will be convenient for attending socials and nights out but the block itself won't be hugely sociable/noisy which is what I'm after!

Anyone in flat two or have any questions in case you're new to Sheffield?

Looking forwards to meeting you all!

Hello!

Thank you so much for this! Wow, that's exciting!

I haven't been allocated a room just yet but I don't think I will until June/July.

Have you lived there for three years?

Thank you!
Reply 8
Original post by bohokhlo
Hi there! http://360degreevirtualtours.group.shef.ac.uk/city/undergraduate/ensuite I did. I applied from the link and just specifically selected St George when applying online for accommodation. Sorry I've only saw this today. Good luck :biggrin:

Hi! Thank you! I submitted the other day but my application didn't allow me to specifiy, just city/endcliffe/ranmoor so I just wrote it in additional information, fingers crossed
Sorry for the late reply! I'm not on here much,

I have! I lived in Endcliffe in first year, took a year out when I was meant to be in second where I lived in Crookesmoor and now I live in Walkley. So I know the university and city pretty well,

What are you going to study?

my email is [email protected] if you wanted to email any questions. I'm more likely to answer my email than here! (Same goes to anyone else reading this :smile: )
Reply 10
Sorry for the late reply! I'm not on here much,

I have! I lived in Endcliffe in first year, took a year out when I was meant to be in second where I lived in Crookesmoor and now I live in Walkley. So I know the university and city pretty well,

What are you going to study?

my email is [email protected] if you wanted to email any questions. I'm more likely to answer my email than here! (Same goes to anyone else reading this :smile: )

I think I know you! Did you do the Bio Anthropology course? I don't want to reveal what I think your name is on here haha

I've taken a year out to rethink university and I've applied for St George's Flats I think I'm flat 1 room 7 but I can't remember ... I'm going back to do German with Hispanic Studies.
Reply 11
Hi all! I was wondering whether someone had photos of the rooms? Because on the 360° tour only one room is shown and I would like to see more since I'm planning on applying for the flats. Thanks in advance!
Original post by Mieka
I think I know you! Did you do the Bio Anthropology course? I don't want to reveal what I think your name is on here haha

I've taken a year out to rethink university and I've applied for St George's Flats I think I'm flat 1 room 7 but I can't remember ... I'm going back to do German with Hispanic Studies.

Haha yes! I do psychology but took Bio anth as an optional module two years ago when I started second year before taking a year out!
Reply 13
Haha yes! I do psychology but took Bio anth as an optional module two years ago when I started second year before taking a year out!

Cool! Hello again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending