The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Accommodation Confirmation!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdaSzymczak
That seems interesting :smile: No, unfortunatey I've never been to Aber before and when I saw that no one is choosing Rosser as a first choice I thught that maybe I made mistake XD And what about you? Have you ever been to Aber before?

Thanks c: So does yours! Your course also sounds interesting c: Haha. Well, I'm glad that I also know someone else who is going to Rosser! Yup. I've been to Aber before. SUPER friendly surroundings, I might add xP.
Do you know how popular your course is? :P
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by J0ana
Hey guys, wrote here a cuople of day ago. Now I have my confirmation letter. I`ve been accepted for my first choice. So don`t worry, I guess you have to wait. Congrats for those who already now where they are staying. Anyone in Trefloyne?

Congrats to you as well! I'm in Rosser, myself. What course are you going to be doing at Aber? c:
Original post by AaronSmash
Thanks c: So does yours! Your course also sounds interesting c: Haha. Well, I'm glad that I also know someone else who is going to Rosser! Yup. I've been to Aber before. SUPER friendly surroundings, I might add xP.
Do you know how popular your course is? :P

That sounds great! I couldn't go and I was a bit worried that I made mistake by choosing this University :wink:
I don't know. I've never checked it, but maybe I will :smile: and yours?
Original post by AdaSzymczak
That sounds great! I couldn't go and I was a bit worried that I made mistake by choosing this University :wink:
I don't know. I've never checked it, but maybe I will :smile: and yours?

Thank you! Ah. Alright. I'm sure you didn't c: I'm sure we made the right choice!
Ah. Alright. I'm going to have around 30-40 people on my course, so I guess an average size for a lecture hall. So going this September will be your first time actually going to Aber?
Thank you! Ah. Alright. I'm sure you didn't c: I'm sure we made the right choice!
Ah. Alright. I'm going to have around 30-40 people on my course, so I guess an average size for a lecture hall. So going this September will be your first time actually going to Aber?

I hope so :wink:
30-40 people? Hmm, that's not so many. I need to find out :smile:
Yup, first time. I'm very excited :smile:
Haven't updated on here for a while, got my confirmation email a few days ago now (about 5) and got cwrt mawr Price band 1. Which was my first choice so very happy! Anyone else going cwrt mawr?
Original post by owen_81297
Haven't updated on here for a while, got my confirmation email a few days ago now (about 5) and got cwrt mawr Price band 1. Which was my first choice so very happy! Anyone else going cwrt mawr?

I'm going there but band 2 was my first choice, congrats on your confirmation ^^
I had my confirmation a few days ago also :smile: I shall be living in Rosser! Studying Accounting & Finance with Management. My only worry is because I'm 21 I may get grouped with mature students in the accommodation as unfortunately, I am now one! (Scary!). Still young enough to party it up though!
Original post by linaparusheva
I'm going there but band 2 was my first choice, congrats on your confirmation ^^

i was going to pick price band 2 but for me i liked the idea of having the nicer kitchen and having a lounge area, and the extra price seemed worth it for me.
Original post by MarcusPez
I had my confirmation a few days ago also :smile: I shall be living in Rosser! Studying Accounting & Finance with Management. My only worry is because I'm 21 I may get grouped with mature students in the accommodation as unfortunately, I am now one! (Scary!). Still young enough to party it up though!

21 isnt a mature student really,im sure youll be fine! And i doubt they'll lump you with all mature students because thatd be cruel.
Reply 50
Congrats to you as well! I'm in Rosser, myself. What course are you going to be doing at Aber? c:

Hey, going to study Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
Hi guys, I'm studying geography this coming September at Aber and just got my accommodation confirmation for PJM. Little worried though as I've heard it's not as sociable as other places such as Cwrt Mawr... Anyone know anything of this?
Original post by kibster118
Hi guys, I'm studying geography this coming September at Aber and just got my accommodation confirmation for PJM. Little worried though as I've heard it's not as sociable as other places such as Cwrt Mawr... Anyone know anything of this?

I've never heard anything bad about it personally, the main thing I've heard is that its more homely then the others. And I doubt the sociability of the accommodation matters much it'll be what you make of it yourself. so, if you want to be sociable just go out and meet people, make friends do it yourself. The whole uni experience will be what you make of it anyway.
Eek. Mature student here ( 27... and so nervous lol ). Doing Psychology. Got an unconditional offer, but waited until last weekend to put in my accommodation application ( for various reasons ).

Still waiting to hear about my choices, but went with the studios and en-suite rooms in Fferm Penglais as my first choice.
Reply 54
Anyone chose Cawrt Mawr band 2?? 😊

Does anyone remember the question on accomodation portal about the mixed gender / same gender etc? All I remember is choosing no but I can't remember the question :colonhash: I've been reading up that people are placed with people based on whether they want social / quiet people is this true?? I didn't see any option on the form.
Reply 55
Original post by alissia

Does anyone remember the question on accomodation portal about the mixed gender / same gender etc? All I remember is choosing no but I can't remember the question :colonhash: I've been reading up that people are placed with people based on whether they want social / quiet people is this true?? I didn't see any option on the form.

I think it was something along the lines of "Do you want to be placed in a same gender accommodation"
I know that I had chosen no because I want to be placed in a mixed gender accommodation.
Reply 56
Original post by ricky96
I think it was something along the lines of "Do you want to be placed in a same gender accommodation"
I know that I had chosen no because I want to be placed in a mixed gender accommodation.

Yeah that's what I thought just wanted to double check, thanks!
Any of you guys got to pay a deposit? My University has a £350 deposit.
Original post by similarBlank
Any of you guys got to pay a deposit? My University has a £350 deposit.

I believe the deposit is £100 but we don't pay it until we sign some sort of contract or agreement, and as far as I'm aware that's not until July or August.
Original post by alissia

I don't remember there being anything about a social/quiet people question I believe it's just luck of the draw, and the gender question was something like 'if possible would you prefer to be in same gender accommodation' or something similar (don't quote me on it). Personally I chose mixed gender it was just the more appealing option for me as a flat of all guys just imagine the mess :O .

Good luck and hopefully you get what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest