The Student Room Group

IGCSE Chemistry - foundation paper?

I am currently doing IGCSE triple science. Is it possible to do the higher paper for biology and physics, but do the foundation paper for chemistry?
Reply 1
I would recommend doing higher chemistry as it would be easier to get a C and pass than foundation however its worth asking your teachers just in case as they would be the one who is putting in the exams, hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ah_x
I would recommend doing higher chemistry as it would be easier to get a C and pass than foundation however its worth asking your teachers just in case as they would be the one who is putting in the exams, hope that helps :smile:

Okay, thank you so much! How comes it is easier to get a C in the higher paper? Shouldn't it be harder?
Reply 3
Original post by amarakhan
Okay, thank you so much! How comes it is easier to get a C in the higher paper? Shouldn't it be harder?

The grade boundaries tend to be easier on the higher papers as the grades range from D to an A* whereas on Foundation the grade boundaries consist from G to C, therefore to pass a foundation you would need to get nearly all the answers to the questions correct so it would put too much pressure on you. http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2014.PDFScroll down to chemistry, obviously grade boundaries have changed over years but not massively :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest