The Student Room Group

Court stops circumcision.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
It's strange that Muslims who advocate no sex before mariage say that circumcision would lower the risk of STDs.

Hypocrites...
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
This is a nonsensical justification because attraction is totally subjective. Some people will prefer the look of circumcised dicks and others will hate how they look.

The subjectivity of what one perceives to be beautiful is not a valid reason for cutting off a part of a someone's body that will never grow back, especially when said person cannot understand the implications involved and consent.

I didnt mean it as my main point.
Original post by Josb
It's strange that Muslims who advocate no sex before mariage say that circumcision would lower the risk of STDs.

Hypocrites...

If you're addressing me, im not a muslim. Im as haram as it gets.
Original post by alkaline.
*googles botched circumcision*

this appears

Might be an idea to spoiler that...
Original post by Youngmetro
It doesnt seem like there's much chance of this in Britain. Sure, the procedure can go wrong, just like a pregnancy.

nor is there high chance of getting a horrible disease caused by the foreskin, and yes stds are not much lower in circumcised people
Reply 225
Original post by Youngmetro
If you're addressing me, im not a muslim. Im as haram as it gets.

I wasn't addressing you since I didn't quote you.
Original post by Hydeman
Might be an idea to spoiler that...

stop suggesting to me what to do you misogynistic *******. do you think you can control me ?!?!?!
Original post by AperfectBalance
nor is there high chance of getting a horrible disease caused by the foreskin, and yes stds are not much lower in circumcised people

There are more health benefits, you've simplified it too much. There are MANY more health benefits to it, google it for yourself.

Associated risks are mostly focused on the procedure which in a developed country like Britain is slim.
stop suggesting to me what to do you misogynistic *******. do you think you can control me ?!?!?!

No, I don't, since I've no moderation powers. Not sure what I said to justify the charge of misogyny, though. :tongue:
Original post by Josb
I wasn't addressing you since I didn't quote you.

Well you didnt quote anyone. Besides, im the only one here arguing about reducing risk of STDs. Clearly you implied it but keep denying it, carry on.
Original post by Hydeman
No, I don't, since I've no moderation powers. Not sure what I said to justify the charge of misogyny, though. :tongue:
everything.

Spoiler

Original post by AperfectBalance
Negligibly. it is pretty vile to chop someones skin of without their permission
It is pretty vile to give birth to someone without their permission tbh.
Original post by QE2
You're wrong. It is usually done for religious (non-medical) reasons. It leaves permanent damage. It has no benefits to it.

Therefore, by your definition, it is the same as FGM.

Male circumcision does have benefits such as lowered risk of penile cancer/infection from smegma build up/UTIs

so tru dat.
Original post by Josb
Male circumcision developed to prevent boys from masturbating. I'd say it's perfectly sensible to compare it to FGM.

Circumcised boys still masturbate and orgasm from sex. A fully circumcised girl/woman will be unlikely to climax and will feel either nothing at all or severe discomfort during sex. Not the same.
everything.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by cherryred90s
Male circumcision does have benefits such as lowered risk of penile cancer/infection from smegma build up/UTIs

Ok look, Very very very small benefits. and anyway Smegma buildup only happens if you are super unhygienic. and do not wash for weeks.

This tbh. Who tf told my parents to make me

But I think circumsicion on boys should be performed for medical reasons only. When he's 18, he can make the decision to get circumcised for religious reasons
SPOILER MAZE :woo:

Original post by Hydeman

Spoiler

keep guessing bro.
oh you smoke pipe now do you?

Spoiler

because you use it all the time, it decreases the harshness of your posts and can appear overly apologetic in some ways = effeminate imo.

Spoiler

are you not allowed to post your testes? not even in a spoiler? :frown: oppression tbh.

Spoiler

Original post by TheArtofProtest
If a child cannot consent, then a responsible adult is empowered to consent on his behalf. So, if a child was in an accident or had congenital difficulties which involved an amputation of some kind, then the doctor and the parents will decide after consultation.

Saying only certain acts require consent, where the child does not have the capacity to consent, is drawing a line in the sand and completely arbitrary.

What gives you the right to tell a parent how they should raise their child?

Of course if the child's life is at risk then action must be taken to keep them alive. It's similar to an adult getting into an accident, becoming unconscience and then being sent to hospital without consent. These cases are different because it's about making sure they stay alive.

Is circumcision necessary? Will someone die if they don't get circumcision? No. Is there a high chance that the child, in your scenario, will die if their limb (or whatever was affected) is not amputated? Yes.

If we use your logic, FGM and breast flattening is alright. Do you agree? Do you support FGM?

Also, you still haven't clarified one thing... Male circumcision should be permitted because the parents are acting in the child's best interests, correct? What are these benefits? Why can they not wait until they grow older and decide for themselves?
SPOILER MAZE :woo:

You enjoy these? :tongue:

(Yes, I did it again. :ninja:)

keep guessing bro.
oh you smoke pipe now do you?

Not in real life, no.

because you use it all the time, it decreases the harshness of your posts and can appear overly apologetic in some ways = effeminate imo.

That might be a fair point, but how could you possibly conclude that from seeing my posts on this one thread? :lol: Anyway, they're not intended to make my posts apologetic -- I kind of treat it like an emoji filler (i.e. use them because I feel like an emoji would be appropriate but can't think of any in particular). :beard:

are you not allowed to post your testes? not even in a spoiler? :frown: oppression tbh.

Spoiler

No, unfortunately. :console:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending