The Student Room Group

Muslims - Will you fast during exam period? Exam clash with Ramadan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HAnwar
Exams is not a valid reason to miss fasting.
Remember these fasts are obligatory and it's not the same if you make them up.
You're not going to see a dramatic change in performance while fasting and sitting an exam.

I know, thats why I seriously considered it. But when I fast, I'm fine with the hunger thing it's just that I get really bad headaches due to dehydration. Maybe I'll keep one for one exam and see how I feel. Allah will understand my choice inshallah.
@somemightsay888 Spot your fav! :ahee:
Original post by Roofas
The way in which you people will starve your brains and bodies of nutrients to appease some oppressive ideology is fundamentally wrong. No one should risk their grades for such nonsense, let alone their health.

(inb4 fasting is healthy - yes cutting down on McDonalds and other fattening foods is obviously going to be helpful. No one should need a fairy story telling them when they can and can't eat though.)

No wonder there are so many Muslim looneys in the Middle East. They're all dehydrated and banned from drinking even water at obscene hours. Can't be healthy for your brain.

People have their own reasons. Keep to yourself mate. If you think they'll fail then let them.
Reply 23
Original post by the-future-medic
I have my GCSEs this year and I will be fasting. I guess we will get the strength that we need from Allah but then it depends on everyone individually.

Good luck with your A2 exams

Thank you, and Mashallah for aspiring to fast on exam days, may Allah help you through your GCSE exams :smile:
Think of the blessings you would gain for fasting during your exams. Exams aren't an excuse to miss out on fasting. Your schedule should be planned around your religious duties, not the other way round.

What's more important?
Original post by safiyyah98
I agree with you

Thanks Sis :smile:
RIP me
Thank you, and Mashallah for aspiring to fast on exam days, may Allah help you through your GCSE exams :smile:

Aww, thanks for the kind words :colondollar:
And yes I am sure that he will help everyone :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by champ_mc99
Exactly my reason! :biggrin:

Original post by Axel Johann
I'm DEFINITELY fasting maynn!!

Need all the blessings I can get :yep:

I'm not trying to be a nuisance but how will blessing help.

Will Allah's blessing make the exam questions that were decided months ago be the ones that you know?

Will Allah's blessing affect the chemical composition of your brain and allow you to think clearer and recall deeper information?

Will Allah's blessing give you the answer to questions you don't know?

Does Allah affect the non-believers who set these exams and the people who mark them? Really and truly, even if he exists how can he even help you?

This thread was specifically for Muslims, your opinion is unwanted right now, maybe they'll be useful in another thread. If people want to fast then what has it got to do with you? Grades are not the be all or end all, I personally like to think of the bigger picture.

Now come one don't be a fascist. If you wanted to only talk to Muslims you could have tried the Islamic society, or a Muslim forum. This forum is for everyone. This forum doesn't ban non-Muslims, we're not in Mecca.

Original post by IGCSEKid
I have, and you fit perfectly into the definition as a bigot.

As do you then, surely?

People have their own reasons. Keep to yourself mate. If you think they'll fail then let them.

This is a public thread in a public forum I am a member of the public I am permitted to say what I like as long as it isn't offensive, and I don't think anything I've said thus far is. I'm merely making legitimate observations, quips and queries.
Reply 29
I myself am planning to fast. But I think they could be a valid reason. The "dramatic change in performance" really depends on the setting. Best to look it up with a scholar. :smile:

I haven't seen any scholar which says it's permissible to miss fasting due to exams.
There are lots of circumstances in which you can, but exams don't come under it.
Reply 30
Original post by yasminkattan
Think of the blessings you would gain for fasting during your exams. Exams aren't an excuse to miss out on fasting. Your schedule should be planned around your religious duties, not the other way round.

What's more important?

Very true, I will definitely reconsider based on the replies to my thread. Thank you :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Roofas
I'm not trying to be a nuisance but how will blessing help.

Will Allah's blessing make the exam questions that were decided months ago be the ones that you know?

Will Allah's blessing affect the chemical composition of your brain and allow you to think clearer and recall deeper information?

Will Allah's blessing give you the answer to questions you don't know?

Does Allah affect the non-believers who set these exams and the people who mark them? Really and truly, even if he exists how can he even help you?

Now come one don't be a fascist. If you wanted to only talk to Muslims you could have tried the Islamic society, or a Muslim forum. This forum is for everyone. This forum doesn't ban non-Muslims, we're not in Mecca.

As do you then, surely?

This is a public thread in a public forum I am a member of the public I am permitted to say what I like as long as it isn't offensive, and I don't think anything I've said thus far is. I'm merely making legitimate observations, quips and queries.

I am not banning you from replying. I'm just saying that your comment isn't relevant to my thread.
GTFO this thread with your bigoted views BRO. Fasting actually has many benefits.

PRSOM, I think a lot of people would've repped this if they hadn't repped your other post :biggrin:
Reply 33
I know, thats why I seriously considered it. But when I fast, I'm fine with the hunger thing it's just that I get really bad headaches due to dehydration. Maybe I'll keep one for one exam and see how I feel. Allah will understand my choice inshallah.

Make sure you drink lots of water during suhoor time and at iftaar.
May Allah make your exams easy for you.
Original post by Roofas

I respect your opinion, but I disagree with what you're saying and I don't feel the need to discuss this further with you.

Have a good one.
Very true, I will definitely reconsider based on the replies to my thread. Thank you :smile:

Alhamdulillah, I hope you decide to fast. May Allah make it easy for you :smile:
Original post by Roofas
The way in which you people will starve your brains and bodies of nutrients to appease some oppressive ideology is fundamentally wrong. No one should risk their grades for such nonsense, let alone their health.

(inb4 fasting is healthy - yes cutting down on McDonalds and other fattening foods is obviously going to be helpful. No one should need a fairy story telling them when they can and can't eat though.)

No wonder there are so many Muslim looneys in the Middle East. They're all dehydrated and banned from drinking even water at obscene hours. Can't be healthy for your brain.

Ramadan is only a month though
All other fasts are optional
Original post by Minnie Mouse.
PRSOM, I think a lot of people would've repped this if they hadn't repped your other post :biggrin:

Don't worry I don't need any reps :wink:
Original post by undercxver
@somemightsay888 Spot your fav! :ahee:

Don't make me tag your best friend again :sigh:
I'd ask if you were fasting but you can't resist the lulla, I swear Koran says "Sausage meat is strictly forbidden" :sadnod:
Don't worry I don't need any reps :wink:

Well ya defo getting some....

Quick Reply