The Student Room Group

How does a guy (who is not good looking) get a girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

It's funny how "nice guys" are often not as nice as they proclaim to be... You don't sound nasty, but you don't sound very pleasant; saying women only go for "mean guys", whining, having no idea about your flaws and being certain you're totally nice? Sounds like a red flag.

First of all, stop calling yourself a nice guy. Everyone hates that - just Google it. Second, clean up your appearance. I'm not suggesting you're unattractive, but just making yourself presentable (a clean haircut, showering once/twice a day, dressing nice, good skin etc) can go a long way. So long as you don't look like a greasy slob it shouldn't be an issue. What you've got to be is confident. Confidence is key. If you're so "nice", why does no one seem to like you? Are you sure you're nice?

Look at yourself honestly. Ask for opinions. Think about your flaws. Think about the way you communicate. Think about how you present yourself. Think about what your goal is. Dont limit it to finding a girl to go out with. Self improvement is key and will help you in many more fields. And don't let yourself fall into this negative way of thinking about women, because it's really not making you attractive.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Nice guys don't even think about being horrible to women, you're likely just a quiet timid dork who blames the world instead of accepting responsibility, if all you have to offer is basic human decency then why would she be interested in you? At least the other guys provide some excitement / challenge.

True. Im not a timid dork! (I am quiet though). Ive tried!!
Ive provided excitement to people. Lots of people (including girls) have told me im funny!! I like to have fun. Im not one for sitting around doing nothing!
I have a lot more to offer than that, i can assure you!!!!
Ive tried to get with girls but they all go after some idiot!
Original post by Tootles
Please use the search function before boring us all to death with the same thread that's been posted every other day for the last decade.

Quick answer: you'll grow out of being ignored. Just shut up and put up and stop being a whiney little boy.

Not-so-quick answer:

The girls you're showing interest in are the wrong girls, just like the men they are interested in are the wrong men.

Those same women won't grow out of their bad taste until they're in their twenties. Which means you either go with an older woman or you wait.

You don't sound ready for a relationship. Guys who are into this whole 'I'm a nice guy' mentality are just waiting to be shafted, and believe me it will happen. So stop concentrating on being a nice guy and just be yourself.

You haven't matured into yourself yet. You're a teenage version of the adult you'll be in a few years, and you haven't found the right balance in your personality, which is the opposite of attractive to girls and women of all ages.

You're probably being overwhelmingly obvious in your attempts to communicate with girls, and thus coming across as desperate. Not good. Slowly slowly, catch ye monkey.

Well im sorry that i bored you to death but then why did you read and comment on it?
Im not not whiney. You should see the people at my college (who are older than me). They complain about everything and theyre bullying me so sorry for being whiney and unhappy!

I wont comment on the other stuff as youll just moan at me for being boring.
Original post by zanner
first of all stop calling urself a nice guy thas cringe af

also second yh if u are boring af like me and have no redeeming qualities just grow a beard (someones bound to like it) and/or fake a SICK personality and once u reeled them in they'll be like 'SICK RUSE' and might leave u but if they feel sorry for u they might stay with u

Spoiler

Ok im the most horrible guy youve ever spoke to.

Im not boring!! Arghh. Why do i keep being called boring by people who dont even know me. You have no idea what im like!
Also i have a beard! Makes no difference.

Yeah ill pass on that. Im not gonna fake anything about myself.
Reply 24
Original post by FireFreezer77

Im not boring!! Arghh. Why do i keep being called boring by people who dont even know me. You have no idea what im like!

ur not tbh :frown:

sorry i said if u are boring like me!! i didnt say u were omg!!
remove ur beard then see what happens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

be more confident in urself
Original post by zanner

omg why are you being so rude to that poor guy........
Original post by saladays
It's funny how "nice guys" are often not as nice as they proclaim to be... You don't sound nasty, but you don't sound very pleasant; saying women only go for "mean guys", whining, having no idea about your flaws and being certain you're totally nice? Sounds like a red flag.

First of all, stop calling yourself a nice guy. Everyone hates that - just Google it. Second, clean up your appearance. I'm not suggesting you're unattractive, but just making yourself presentable (a clean haircut, showering once/twice a day, dressing nice, good skin etc) can go a long way. So long as you don't look like a greasy slob it shouldn't be an issue. What you've got to be is confident. Confidence is key. If you're so "nice", why does no one seem to like you? Are you sure you're nice?

Look at yourself honestly. Ask for opinions. Think about your flaws. Think about the way you communicate. Think about how you present yourself. Think about what your goal is. Dont limit it to finding a girl to go out with. Self improvement is key and will help you in many more fields. And don't let yourself fall into this negative way of thinking about women, because it's really not making you attractive.

I mentioned i have flaws and i admit i have more. I think if you read it first before comenting about that i have no flaws.
Also i dont beat up anyone, i dont bully anyone (im being bullied currently), i help others, im kind to them, i respect people and their opinions!
You dont know me so how do you know what im like.
If im honest, you dont sound very pleasent either!
I not whining im just asking a ****ing question!!
And i never mentioned that im totally nice! I just said im nicer than other guys who grope girls!

What so im a dirty hobo now aswell! I said i try my best to look as good as i can. I wear nice clothes (oh i cant say i wear nice clothessorry i forgot, youll have to decide that for me then), i do my hair everyday, i have OCD so im always washing and showering so im clean. Dont go saying things like that before you know the truth!! (Even though i did specify it but as im a liar i wont say anything)
Maybe because people like you bully me for being nice. The people at my college are horrible (but again ill let you decide that). They make fun of me being quiet, take the piss that im nice to people, remind me constantly that ill never be good enough for anyone ever! Its rather hard to keep my confidence up when going through this. Plus people just laugh at me anyway when i try to be confident.

Im not even gonna bother responding to that last bit!
Original post by zanner

I wasnt aware im not allowed to say im nice

Im not boring.
I look like a 12 year old without it so im not doing that. People have said i look better with it.

Its hard to be when youre being bullied all the time! (By people at college).

be mean to me :colone:
beat up my p***y
rule 1 ...stop trying so hard ..maybe leave go of trying for a few months...in those months work on your confidence...
you never know girls might come to you if you dont try hard to get to them
I wasnt aware im not allowed to say im nice

Im not boring.
I look like a 12 year old without it so im not doing that. People have said i look better with it.

Its hard to be when youre being bullied all the time! (By people at college).

what colour is your beard ? if it's blonde or ginger thats an a big no.

Spoiler

Be funny, be confident or at least fake it
I mentioned i have flaws and i admit i have more. I think if you read it first before comenting about that i have no flaws.
Also i dont beat up anyone, i dont bully anyone (im being bullied currently), i help others, im kind to them, i respect people and their opinions!
You dont know me so how do you know what im like.
If im honest, you dont sound very pleasent either!
I not whining im just asking a ****ing question!!
And i never mentioned that im totally nice! I just said im nicer than other guys who grope girls!

What so im a dirty hobo now aswell! I said i try my best to look as good as i can. I wear nice clothes (oh i cant say i wear nice clothessorry i forgot, youll have to decide that for me then), i do my hair everyday, i have OCD so im always washing and showering so im clean. Dont go saying things like that before you know the truth!! (Even though i did specify it but as im a liar i wont say anything)
Maybe because people like you bully me for being nice. The people at my college are horrible (but again ill let you decide that). They make fun of me being quiet, take the piss that im nice to people, remind me constantly that ill never be good enough for anyone ever! Its rather hard to keep my confidence up when going through this. Plus people just laugh at me anyway when i try to be confident.

Im not even gonna bother responding to that last bit!

Ha ha ha, good Christ, the delusion.

This is why you don't have a girlfriend, honey. I think you have a lot of problems that need sorting out.
Im 18 and have never had a giel be even remotely interested in me!
It gets me down that everyone seems to have a girl under their arm yet no girl will go near me :frown:

Everytime i spoke to a girl ive had a crush on, i always seem to repel them. It hurts me that they will then go and choose a guy who isnt nice to them! Im not good looking but i try my best to look as good as i can. But it also seems that my personality isnt vey attractive.
Im really quiet and dont have too much confidence but im trying to overcome that.
Im nice to everyone (its rarely returned to me)
I guess i have to be an ******* towards them to get them to like me. Thats what it seems like. All the girls in my area let guys grope them all the time and they enjoy it!! But if i did that id be beaten up big time! I dont want to do that because i respect people!

What does a nice guy have to do???
Thanks.

First off - lose the "nice guy" attitude. You sound like so many other nice guys - an entitled whinge bag who thinks being "nice" somehow means that women should sleep with you..

Secondly you say your ugly, quiet and no confidence. Well what on earth do you expect? What do you offer? What can you give? Work on your confidence, work on your self esteem. Stop looking for validation by having a girlfriend.

Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Nice guys don't even think about being horrible to women, you're likely just a quiet timid dork who blames the world instead of accepting responsibility, if all you have to offer is basic human decency then why would she be interested in you? At least the other guys provide some excitement / challenge.

Thank you!

nice guys are horrible to women, oh sure they dont play the "jerk" they play a different game - that of he loyal little puppy lap dog twisting who they are into what they think the object of thier affections wants.
Original post by Anonymous
what colour is your beard ? if it's blonde or ginger thats an a big no.

Spoiler

Its brown when short but goes ginger when longer so i keep it short. People have commented on it when it was long before but ive stopped that now.

Spoiler

Original post by saladays
Ha ha ha, good Christ, the delusion.

This is why you don't have a girlfriend, honey. I think you have a lot of problems that need sorting out.

Well you were nasty to me and im fed up of it. Ive had it for 18 years and never let it out and jm starting to now.

What because im trying to stand up for myself. So im not allowed to do that now either!
I know ive got problems that need sorting. But not what youre thinking of!
Original post by silverbolt
First off - lose the "nice guy" attitude. You sound like so many other nice guys - an entitled whinge bag who thinks being "nice" somehow means that women should sleep with you..

Secondly you say your ugly, quiet and no confidence. Well what on earth do you expect? What do you offer? What can you give? Work on your confidence, work on your self esteem. Stop looking for validation by having a girlfriend.

Thank you!

nice guys are horrible to women, oh sure they dont play the "jerk" they play a different game - that of he loyal little puppy lap dog twisting who they are into what they think the object of thier affections wants.

Right im gonna become a horrible mother****er and abuse the hell out of everyone!
Yeah i might do but i aint like them.
I never mentioned i wanted sex, ive no idea where you got that from? I dont even want sex that much tbh. Im ok with never having it, its not a big deal to me. I just want a really nice girl who i can spend the rest of my life with.

**** off! My personality is what i offer!

Nice guys arent horrible to women. Jerks are. You dont sound like someone that is nice to people. You sound like all the other guys i know!
Never been in a relationship so my advice may not be the best but:
1. maybe you're showing interest towards the wrong girls.
2. I can totally relate to the "quiet, always too nice to people" part and there is nothing wrong with it. That's the way you are and you shouldn't change it just to impress people.
3. Things like relationships shouldn't be forced. Slowly become their friends then maybe gradually build it up. It'll probably happen when you least expect it tbh
4. Idk what you look like/dress like so I can't tell you to "dress nice" but at least you're trying so don't be too hard on yourself.
Ebay
Right im gonna become a horrible mother****er and abuse the hell out of everyone!
Yeah i might do but i aint like them.
I never mentioned i wanted sex, ive no idea where you got that from? I dont even want sex that much tbh. Im ok with never having it, its not a big deal to me. I just want a really nice girl who i can spend the rest of my life with.

**** off! My personality is what i offer!

Nice guys arent horrible to women. Jerks are. You dont sound like someone that is nice to people. You sound like all the other guys i know!

LMAO!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending