The Student Room Group

Muslims - Will you fast during exam period? Exam clash with Ramadan

Scroll to see replies

I definitely will be :yep:
Original post by AperfectBalance
Yeah I was in a similar one where I got reported by the Enlightenment squad.

But I am happy as I have the God Emperor on my side, he is smiling down at me giving me the strength to do well in the exams.
No revising for me

Of course we will still revise. We have to put our effort in too.
Original post by Arima
I respect your opinion - about being open-minded to criticisms and such. However I can't fault the muslims here for feeling like his comments were disrespectful; even in spite of the inferences you've made. You may infer different meanings but his tone in the earlier comments does come off as disrespectful. We could analyse his wording as you have, but it's a two-way street - he could also improve his tone, too.

Personally I don't feel all the criticism he's listed so far (which are valid i admit) are in anyway relevant to the current this thread is trying to focus on: fasting during exam periods.

Yeah and as I put in that post, HAnwar did have a good point and she is right for this case because of what she explained.

The paragraphs were talking about general criticism.
Reply 123
Just a random question haha, does anybody do OCR Alevel Chemistry (A2) also, I will be fasting on the days I have exams in morning but exams in afternoon I cant because my brain will be dead
Original post by Roofas
Well I'll point out that if anyone here is offended it is because I have criticised their religion, which really in the 21st century I don't think should be vital to one's sense of well being. I have however been insulted on this thread in a more personal manner by several users. My entire personality and identity has been unfairly criticised which really to me comes across as a more serious matter.

I'm willing to apologise for any unnecessary and untoward upset I have caused but it's up the individual to decide how much of that applies to them.

I'm aware that beheading isn't something unique to Islamic republics and certainly isn't an 'Islamic' custom but it certainly is depraved and factually more present in the Islamic world today.

(Islamic seems to be an appropriate word to me, what's the issue?)

On behalf of everyone, I apologise if you feel you have been unfairly criticised but by you criticising our religion which is personal to us and also part of our identity, it is the same thing isn't it?
If it is present in the 'islamic world', that shows that its people that is the problem, not the religion itself.
Reply 125
Original post by 28Ikky
Just a random question haha, does anybody do OCR Alevel Chemistry (A2) also, I will be fasting on the days I have exams in morning but exams in afternoon I cant because my brain will be dead

yeah i do!! no way can i fast during the f324 and f325 exam I'm going to need to work at 200% of my usual performance to get my target of a B :colondollar:
Im going to miss 2 fasts , 21st June & 24th June because i have 2 exams on both of those days so yeah:smile: Got 12 A level exams in Ramadan this year:colonhash:
Reply 127
Original post by NadeemKha_Arab
I would like to say thank you for clearing that up. However, as mentioned by someone else, this thread was made for Muslim's to have a chat about whether they are going to be fasting during exams. I'm sure there are plenty of threads for debating and would be good place for you to use your arguments and opinions.

The final thing I have to say is that you simply cannot close off threads from certain groups. Yes you can encourage certain people to discuss issues but if I made a thread talking about how to avoid getting sunburn, would it really be in my remit to deny the opinions/jokes/taunts of people with darker skin because 'it's not relevant to them'?

It's really un-British to have that sort of notion in my opinion. If we are going to live in a multicultural Britain then these formerly isolated issues come to affect all cultures and people and that's something we're all going to have to accept.
Original post by safiyyah98
On behalf of everyone, I apologise if you feel you have been unfairly criticised but by you criticising our religion which is personal to us and also part of our identity, it is the same thing isn't it?

I certainly understand this to an extent and will keep it in mind, thanks.
Reply 128
Original post by Arima
yeah i do!! no way can i fast during the f324 and f325 exam I'm going to need to work at 200% of my usual performance to get my target of a B :colondollar:

Tell me about it!! ThinkI am going mad! I have pmd you :smile:
Original post by Roofas
The final thing I have to say is that you simply cannot close off threads from certain groups. Yes you can encourage certain people to discuss issues but if I made a thread talking about how to avoid getting sunburn, would it really be in my remit to deny the opinions/jokes/taunts of people with darker skin because 'it's not relevant to them'?

It's really un-British to have that sort of notion in my opinion. If we are going to live in a multicultural Britain then these formerly isolated issues come to affect all cultures and people and that's something we're all going to have to accept.

I certainly understand this to an extent and will keep it in mind, thanks.

Okay fair enough, both parties have been in the wrong here. I hope you have accepted my apology and thank you for taking my comment on board :smile:
Reply 130
Probably fast on the days I have AM exams but eat on the days of PM exams because I'll most likely fall asleep in the afternoon exams hungry.
Original post by Ayaz789
Im going to miss 2 fasts , 21st June & 24th June because i have 2 exams on both of those days so yeah:smile: Got 12 A level exams in Ramadan this year:colonhash:

OMG 12?!
Reply 132
Original post by K2G
Probably fast on the days I have AM exams but eat on the days of PM exams because I'll most likely fall asleep in the afternoon exams hungry.

Exactly what I said :smile:
Original post by K2G

I was considering that as well
I'll be fasting, It puts me in a better more concentrated state of mind
OMG 12?!

Yeahh ill list em
Physics Unit 1
Physics Unit 2
Physics Unit 4
Physics Unit 5
M1
M2
M3
S2
C3
C4
FP1
FP2
FP3
I've got 1 exam outside Ramadan:cry:
Original post by Ayaz789
Yeahh ill list em
Physics Unit 1
Physics Unit 2
Physics Unit 4
Physics Unit 5
M1
M2
M3
S2
C3
C4
FP1
FP2
FP3
I've got 1 exam outside Ramadan:cry:

Bloody hell! and i thought I had it bad lol :biggrin: I have 8 exams and 2 are outside Ramadan so its not that bad.
Bloody hell! and i thought I had it bad lol :biggrin: I have 8 exams and 2 are outside Ramadan so its no that bad.

Haha got M1 & M2 same morning on 21st & got FP1 & FP2 on morning on 24th , quite bad haha
For my GCSE's, I remember fasting on some exam days and not on others. Now that i'm in 6th Form and have a lot more knowledge surrounding the purpose and benefits of fasting, I'll definitely fast during my exams if they clash but I would suggest you always come into school whilst fasting and if you can't pull through (maybe because of the crazy hot whether, health, etc.) then you could always break it and make up for it after Ramadan. But that should be only if you have to as God doesn't bear you with more than you can cope with but he is also the most merciful. Take care of yourself and remember the people who don't usually have a choice in this matter x
Reply 139
Original post by Ayaz789
Yeahh ill list em
Physics Unit 1
Physics Unit 2
Physics Unit 4
Physics Unit 5
M1
M2
M3
S2
C3