The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheHistoryphile
Certainly not, I respect the asian guys I have dated. It just came out wrong now that I read back to what I wrote, it wasn't my intention to put down asian men. But rather to bring forward the point that I feel inferior to white men...

I don't have an inferiority complex with in my our race, I'm really proud of my roots, I wouldn't change them for the world. I just find the existing attitude towards south asians frustrating.

I think it's all in your head lol. There's white guys who will date Asian girls, some who won't, and many who probably don't give a **** what race you are. :yy:

(There's no reason to feel inferior to white guys. You don't want to be in a relationship where you don't think you're good enough. And you feeling inferior to them is the inferiority complex I'm talking about)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GUMI
>It's natural for most people to be attracted to their own race
>I'm attracted to white guys
what? :l

It's life. There are many things we're supposed to naturally do/want, but obviously there are people who don't naturally follow. As someone who's attracted to other races, Idk why people have an issue with me saying it's natural to be attracted to your own race :/
Reply 42
Nah man women of colour are peng tings :coma:
Reply 43
Original post by Novascope
It's life. There are many things we're supposed to naturally do/want, but obviously there are people who don't naturally follow. As someone who's attracted to other races, Idk why people have an issue with me saying it's natural to be attracted to your own race :/

Well I don't see how you can make a statement like that if you aren't personally experiencing it. Unless you know of other people who are only attracted to their own race your claim lacks sufficient evidence and thus I'm not going to believe it
I'm talking from a general perspective, I feel like they don't. It's sad because as an Pakistani desi girl I find white men attractive but for some reason I feel like if I were to date one he would be lowering his standards of beauty. I know it's awful but that is how it makes me feel. I've only ever dated desi men because I feel like we are on the same level...

I watched this awhile ago and it exemplifies what I'm talking about. All his reactions towards the pretty white girls were far more appreciative of their beauty than the women of colour, also the muslim girl doesn't count because she is wearing blue contacts lenses (Amira hallomi? her natural eyes are brown) and blue eyes is an inherently white feature.

[video="youtube;dlPwVlKOXO8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPwVlKOXO8[/video]

They likely surmise that you're any combination of pious, sexually conservative and culturally dogmatic, thus not worth the effort of approaching.

By far the most 'conventionally' beautiful—and the most sexually liberated—girl I ever dated was half-Indian; but she approached me, not vice-versa. Expect to do likewise.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45
2016 and people still talk about colour!?
Women of all ethnic backgrounds, colour, height and weight are beautiful the way they are.
The more people use names like, "women of colour" the more humanity will divide.
The more the term "colour" is used to describe of a specific human, the more you're making "white" seem like the norm. White is also a colour. We are all people of colour.
Original post by Profesh
They likely surmise that you're any combination of pious, sexually conservative and culturally dogmatic, thus not worth the effort of approaching.

By far the most beautiful—and the most sexually liberated—girl I ever dated was half-Indian; but she approached me, not vice-versa. Expect to do likewise.

I can see where you're coming from, I'm none of those but perhaps sexually conservative. That can be helped in time I'm sure.

Fair enough, thank you.
Original post by Lord Samosa
I think it's all in your head lol. There's white guys who will date Asian girls, some who won't, and many who probably don't give a **** what race you are. :yy:

(There's no reason to feel inferior to white guys. You don't want to be in a relationship where you don't think you're good enough. And you feeling inferior to them is the inferiority complex I'm talking about)

oh okay, well I certainly don't want to be confused for the other type of inferiority complex because it's simply not how I feel, although admittedly what my original post states may perhaps be interpreted otherwise, but it was certainly not my intention to sound that way.
Original post by Youngmetro
damn what race are you because im definitely attracted to you, beautiful

1/8 irish, 1/4 latina, 1/8 korean, 1/4 egyptian and 1/4 afghan :h:
Reply 49
A lot of white men think only white women is good enough for them
Reply 50
I'm talking from a general perspective, I feel like they don't. It's sad because as an Pakistani desi girl I find white men attractive but for some reason I feel like if I were to date one he would be lowering his standards of beauty. I know it's awful but that is how it makes me feel. I've only ever dated desi men because I feel like we are on the same level...

I watched this awhile ago and it exemplifies what I'm talking about. All his reactions towards the pretty white girls were far more appreciative of their beauty than the women of colour, also the muslim girl doesn't count because she is wearing blue contacts lenses (Amira hallomi? her natural eyes are brown) and blue eyes is an inherently white feature.

[video="youtube;dlPwVlKOXO8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPwVlKOXO8[/video]

White people are often put off by Asian parents. If you can demonstrate that your parents won't be there 24/7 and you can make your own decisions, you should have the same chances as a white girl.
Reply 51
Original post by Biryani007

Mmmh, there are a few countries missing there.
Well I'm a white male only had 3 relationships before, two of them were with "women of colour" (I hate that bull$hit SJW term), and I disagree I often find darker skinned girls more attractive and tbh ever since I had my first crush when I was around 8 it has always been like that. Pale doesn't do it for me I suppose :tongue:, but then I've always been relatively tanned too.

And one of the girls whom I've dated was Pakistani and I didn't feel like I was downgrading, I actually felt like she was out of my league haha

1/8 Irish....what even. We get around.
idk I see that a lot of guys dig 'exotic' women moreso than than girls of the same colour but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I wouldn't take the views of others too seriously. There'll be loads of people in such a diverse world as ours who do find you attractive, you just have to wait and try to find the right person :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by trustmeimlying1
1/8 Irish....what even. We get around.

You do indeed :rofl:

(I was kidding)
Reply 57

I hope you excuse my rudeness, but how is that possible?
It really makes no sense to me when people say they're 1/8'th of something.
Can you explain this to me please.
WHO GIVES A **** WHAT THEY FIND ATTRACTIVE??? Have you seen men of colour? 100x more attractive imo. YOU'RE PROBABLY BEAUTIFUL!! IT'S 2016. WHITE SKIN DOESN'T EQUATE TO BEAUTY ANYMORE (WITHIN THE MINDS OF THE MENTALLY SANE). Kylie Jenner, Kim K, all those Instagram models, they're all trying to look different or 'exotic' aka black/brown (tanning, lip fillers etc.). Just do you. EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL.
Original post by 0xygen
I hope you excuse my rudeness, but how is that possible?
It really makes no sense to me when people say they're 1/8'th of something.
Can you explain this to me please.

I was taking the piss :lol:

I'm guessing 1/8 would be a great-grandparent's ethnicity...

Latest

Trending

Trending