The Student Room Group

Muslims - Will you fast during exam period? Exam clash with Ramadan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arima
dayuuum it's like the GCSE exam timetable all over again :K: you poor soul

Haha yeahh but it should be okay Inshaa'Allah
Original post by frankieboy
Ah, so what you mean is that it's compulsory, but at the end of the day, it's up to you whether you actually obey it or not? So what you're talking about is basically being naughty/disobeying, but on the sly?

And if you don't obey it, do you believe that Allah will know that you have disobeyed (I assume he's all-seeing like the God of Abraham, right?).

Pretty much yeah to both.
Reply 142
Original post by HAnwar
Yes and what has that got with us students fasting?He was trying to say that Muslims do those kinds of things because they fast.No it doesn't. The only person that looks bad in this thread is him, as you can see from others replies too.Please stop trying to defend him.

Original post by Axel Johann
Good point :getmecoat:

But the reason I was defending him is because I fear that we're too quick to just say "report" and then adding fuel to KingBradly and them others' fire about how the criticism of Islam is being censored on TSR.

And then when they make a big fuss about it, they point to their clever wording and say that they weren't in the wrong. Which when you look at it word for word, they kind of weren't because of their clever wording. Thus making us look bad because it makes us look like we're just trying to censor any criticism of Islam.

I do admit you are right in this case, and maybe this case wasn't the best time to point of my long brewing fears, so I'm sorry for that. But it is something I am concerned with. These guys are playing smart now.

This is something that has slipped under my radar but I do need to clarify. The thing about fasting causing terrorism clearly was a joke - you can tell by the language used, or is not clear without an emoji these days? I suggest you broaden your horizons a bit.

"These guys are playing smart now" - this certainly isn't a welcome statement and I confess myself disappointed.

Goodnight.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha got M1 & M2 same morning on 21st & got FP1 & FP2 on morning on 24th , quite bad haha

Inshallah you will get through it successfully, may Allah help you :smile:
Original post by safiyyah98
Inshallah you will get through it successfully, may Allah help you :smile:

You too :smile:
Original post by Ayaz789
You too :smile:

Original post by safiyyah98

Haha np what do you study?
Yeah I'm going to fast. Not eating for the day while doing exam isn't going to make me get like a F in the exam. We eat at the end of the day and can eat until fajr. We'd still have our nutrients etc so that person who called us "looney" and said such a stupid thing should perhaps rethink the science. I barely take breakfast during school days, I don't seem to be losing concentration in class. I've seen FOOTBALLERS fast with the hot sun and they seem to perform very well! Like come on, football involves running around which I would think is worse than taking an exam. Your knowledge isn't going to just disappear.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by somemightsay888
I'd ask if you were fasting but you can't resist the lulla, I swear Koran says "Sausage meat is strictly forbidden" :sadnod:

Can you guys report him please?

Look at the stuff he's saying. ^
ILL LOSE ALL MY GAINZ DOE but ill still be fastin.
Original post by undercxver
Can you guys report him please?

Look at the stuff he's saying. ^

Hahaha, it's not in English so they don't understand it :rofl:
Original post by HuzaifahN
ILL LOSE ALL MY GAINZ DOE but ill still be fastin.

can someone translate for those in our early/mid twenties please?
HAHA NOBODY CAN TRANSLATE. ITS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I'm actually 19 so in around a year I wont understand what i'm saying right now too. Good stuff.
Original post by Eternalflames
Hahaha, it's not in English so they don't understand it :rofl:

I guess that's good because I wouldn't want him to get reported and cry himself to sleep. :rofl:
HAHA NOBODY CAN TRANSLATE. ITS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I'm actually 19 so in around a year I wont understand what i'm saying right now too. Good stuff.

does "da yoof" still greet each other "wag1 blad"
No. I'm not the most religious person and I can never concentrate when I'm hungry. I'll probably fast if I have a morning exam but if it's an afternoon exam or if I have 2 in a day, which I do, I won't fast.
Original post by quasa
does "da yoof" still greet each other "wag1 blad"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee DAWG. We still do yknow g. HASHTAG SWEG.
Reply 157
Totally will! I'm actually kind of excited but also a tad bit nervous as I've never taken an exam while fasting.
Reply 158
Definitely will be fasting in sh Allah ^^ i mean just imagine on the Day when He asks us what the reason was for why we didnt fast and we say 'sorry, had exams that day'😂
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee DAWG. We still do yknow g. HASHTAG SWEG.

nodding head politely because I have no idea what SWEG is

Quick Reply

Latest