The Student Room Group

should i continue trying to teach myself FM1?

hi
im feeling pretty dumb because ive been trying to teach myself further pure maths 1 (just learning the content, not for an exam) so as to help me with a maths based degree im doing next year. im on a gap year and dont have any contact with anyone who can help me, and im really struggling with finding resources. I have an MEI textbook and whatever i can find online but thats about it. ive been trying to teach myself it for maybe a month now, although since there isnt exam pressure i have been a bit more lax than i could have been, but im pretty much still confused by the beginning of chapter 1 (matrices). ive made a couple of threads asking for help with individual questions but its not the same as having a teacher, as helpful as people have been. should i just give up? just try to teach myself bits and bobs that i can? or should i keep trying?if so im unsure about resources. i know there are lots of threads about FM resources, but ones that are just like revision tools seem to have a lot of gaps in info, and the thorough online guides like on furthermaths.org i think you have to pay for and i dont have a lot of money :-( what should i do?
Reply 1
Hello there fellow future mathematician ,

Some of the thing you should do!
Read carefully

Download the follow by writing the names of the books followed by pdf
1.algebra 1 for dummies pdf
2. Algebra 2 for dummies pdf
3.calculus 1 for dummies pdf
4.calculus 2 for dummies pdf
5.stats essentials for dummies pdf
6.trigonometry for dummies pdf
Original post by me2*
Hello there fellow future mathematician ,

Some of the thing you should do!
Read carefully

Download the follow by writing the names of the books followed by pdf
1.algebra 1 for dummies pdf
2. Algebra 2 for dummies pdf
3.calculus 1 for dummies pdf
4.calculus 2 for dummies pdf
5.stats essentials for dummies pdf
6.trigonometry for dummies pdf

thanks for the reply i will definitely download those! would you say these are to help with further maths, or do instead of it for general prep for a maths degree?
Reply 3
These prep u for general maths
And www.examsolutions.net has a lot of further maths tutorials that should help!

Quick Reply

Latest