The Student Room Group

7 GCSE Enough??????

I mac currently studying in year 10, due to my close friend he inspired me to start revising. I usually get a/b for all sciences. a-a* for maths and b for english in my practise tests.
In total those are 6 GCSE (triple science, lit/lang and 1 maths)
I also got 1 option product design which i am not confident about.
So in total 7 GCSE which is not enough I believe, for high end universities.
So i am doing dutch language (easily a*) and maths statistics( which i already did and got an 'a'. Have you got any other advice for me????
Idk what kind of advice you want, just work hard towards your GCSEs :wink:
If you want to get into top universities, you want as many As and A*s as possible, so concentrate on your weaker subjects e.g. Product Design, English etc.
Original post by pixiefuller
Idk what kind of advice you want, just work hard towards your GCSEs :wink:
If you want to get into top universities, you want as many As and A*s as possible, so concentrate on your weaker subjects e.g. Product Design, English etc.

Thanks for your words.
Sounds like your going to really good, going off your grades in class! Good luck:smile: Kinda shocked how your school only offer 7 GCSE's though, mine offered 10 for some reason??
Reply 4
To be honest its quality of the grade over the quantity over the grades. So say if i had like about 10 grades and got mainly b's its not better than me getting straight a's and a stars for 7 gcses. Having less means you can focus mainly on the core subjects like english and maths which unis and employers will be looking for. But also gives you an easier chance of achieving great grades without unnecessary stress build up. So in my opinion your on the right track just get them grades is what i say :smile:
It's okay. You wouldn't be held back by it for most things but it's good to do more if you're capable of getting good grades in your current ones. 5, including English and maths, is enough for sixth form/college, jobs and most uni courses. For sixth form/college you may need good enough grades in relevant subjects too.
If you're looking at doing medicine at uni or going to Oxford then it's probably not enough.

What about Dutch or statistics? Could you do GCSEs in them(or are/have you, it wasn't clear)?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by morgan8002
It's okay. You wouldn't be held back by it for most things but it's good to do more if you're capable of getting good grades in your current ones. 5, including English and maths, is enough for sixth form/college, jobs and most uni courses. For sixth form/college you may need good enough grades in relevant subjects too.
If you're looking at doing medicine at uni or going to Oxford then it's probably not enough.

What about Dutch or statistics? Could you do GCSEs in them(or are/have you, it wasn't clear)?

I already did statistics and got an 'A'
Dutch i am going to do.
Also i was rrally looking forward for medicine. I will stilleep trying for medicine but still thanks for the words.

Quick Reply

Latest