The Student Room Group

Help: I Hate Myself

I can't stand to look at myself. I hate seeing how I look. The features of my face, even the way I smile disgusts me. I hate to have to smile and even look in the mirror, or see my reflection, or videos/pictures of myself. It gets to the point where I want to cry when I see myself and I might spend time looking at myself in the mirror and observing everything that I hate.

Sometimes I so badly wish that I could just change bodies and change how I look. Sometimes I even just want to hurt myself because I am so frustrated with the way I look. It prevents me from wanting to go out and when I'm out I can't really enjoy myself because I know what other people are seeing. I don't want anyone looking at me and I try to hide myself if I ever can but I can't. I try to cover up my face with my hands when I can and then this just makes me look really weird.

I have no confidence in myself, I so badly want to change the way I am and knowing that I can't and never will be able to hurts.
Reply 1
Please don't harm yourself!

Can you go to make up artist get professional help with make up, change hair style, colour?
G oand talk to a counselor on childline if you are under 18. 08001111, they will listen, otherwise go and talk to your GP nd they can assist.
Original post by 999tigger
G oand talk to a counselor on childline if you are under 18. 08001111, they will listen, otherwise go and talk to your GP nd they can assist.
best advice. Go see your GP. If you're really feeling that negative about yourself you should try to talk to some people and maybe get some help. I really doubt you're as ugly as you think you are and even if you were ugly who cares. What really matters is what's in the inside. If you have some physical problems just be a nicer person. Make up your deficiencies with things that you're good at
Sounds like BDD. Please get help xxx (I've been there). You are amazing never forget that x
Post a pic

Quick Reply

Latest