The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Adult nursing

Hi has anyone done the literacy and numeracy test for Canterbury? If yes how are the questions structured? Thank you.
Hi! I go CCCU and I study nursing!

The tests are nothing to worry about! They are just testing you're simple spelling and mathematical skills. There are a few online tests from other universities which are rather similar. If I remember correctly, I believe they are each half an hour long and I think there are like 30 simple questions for each. For maths you will get tested on multiplication, simple fractions, simple problem solving questions etc. If you just brush up on your GCSE skills, you will be absolutely fine.

Best of luck.
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by siobhanmay
Hi! I go CCCU and I study nursing!

The tests are nothing to worry about! They are just testing you're simple spelling and mathematical skills. There are a few online tests from other universities which are rather similar. If I remember correctly, I believe they are each half an hour long and I think there are like 30 simple questions for each. For maths you will get tested on multiplication, simple fractions, simple problem solving questions etc. If you just brush up on your GCSE skills, you will be absolutely fine.

Best of luck.

Thank you! I'm attending assessment day next week on Tuesday. Do you roughly remember the literacy question so that I can focus my revision? What kind of questions do they ask after passing the tests any ideas?

Kind regards.
Original post by Ginx39
Thank you! I'm attending assessment day next week on Tuesday. Do you roughly remember the literacy question so that I can focus my revision? What kind of questions do they ask after passing the tests any ideas?

Kind regards.
b

Sorry this is so late! I cant quite remember the literacy but its all simple stuff so dont panic yourself!! Im assuming you mean the interview questions... They ask things like past experience, why you want to be a nurse, any weaknesses you think you have, why youve chosen that particular career route... Canterburys interview was very relaxed. At the end of the interview, you may do a 1 minute role play with one of the interviewers whereby you have to act like the nurse and act how you would act if he were the patient. Its easy, dont freak out! Theyre all lovely!! The roleplay interviewer may try to look intimidating to challenge you but really theyre lovely.

Good luck!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi, thank you I will let you know how I get on.

Kind regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending