The Student Room Group

Looking for housemates for placement year

Hi everyone, I'm doing a sandwich course at uni going for a year in industry in London, starting June. I don't know anyone else heading to London and am therefore looking for people to live with - can anyone suggest how I could find people, or is anyone looking?
Hi! I'm moving from Norway to London in September and I am also looking for people to live with next year. Which area are you thinking about living in?

I've been looking at rooms om spareroom.co.uk. On this website you can lookup rooms with already existing flatmates or rent a room in a new flatshare. I have no idea how good this website really is, but at lest I have an idea of what I can expect within my budget :smile:
Reply 2
Hey, I've been on spareroom.com too! It's useful but I feel it's a bit early to find anything on there, and I'd rather get it sorted now because of exams. I'm not to fussed about area so long as it's on a tube line and within half an hour or so of the city centre :smile:
Original post by emmarose95
Hey, I've been on spareroom.com too! It's useful but I feel it's a bit early to find anything on there, and I'd rather get it sorted now because of exams. I'm not to fussed about area so long as it's on a tube line and within half an hour or so of the city centre :smile:

A bit early? Really? I found my place in London on spareroom last year about 2/3 months before my course started. They have this early bird thing which you have to pay for and I payed for it and found 3 places within a week and went to view them and took up one of them.

Another way is to go to speed flatmate finding events in London.
My biggest problem when searching for a room is the fact that I live in Norway and attend full-time classes until the end of May so I have no time right now and no money for a trip to London until I leave for freshers week. Renting a room that I haven't seen before is risky, so, I basically have no idea what to do. I'm just hoping that I find someone that I can move in with and that I trust enough to rent a place with, that can deal with the viewings and such and keep me updated :smile:
I have a spare room in my house which my mum wants to rent out to a lodger. I live in South Woodford which is on the central line and I go to Greenwich University.
Reply 6
Hi guys,
I think it is best to look for places in May for September move in. I am looking for a place to live at as well, as close to UCL as possible, but for about 180pw. That means I am looking for area around Camden, Euston, King's cross. What about you? What are your preferences?
I am a first year UCL student now and I had a roommate this year, we became friends but I am ready to have my own room. I think I am quite considerate person. I do enjoy spending time with other people, I am outgoing and spontaneous. I would love to live with positive people :smile:
Reply 7
Hey guys! I am also looking for flatmates and a flat in London. Im from the United States, so Im also running into the problem of not being able to check out flats before agreeing to rent the,

Im going to be doing a Masters at UCL, so the Camden, Euston, Kings Cross area is also where I would want to be. My price range is also about 180-200pw. Lakra, do you know is single rooms in those areas ever go for that price?
Reply 8
Hi!
I'm looking for a shared flat and flatmates in London for Aug/Sept 2016.
I'm going to start my first year at Birkbeck university.
My budget is £350/400
It would be great to find something near tube stations and already furnished. Zone 2 if possible.
Contact me if interested
Reply 9
Original post by adua
Hey guys! I am also looking for flatmates and a flat in London. Im from the United States, so Im also running into the problem of not being able to check out flats before agreeing to rent the,

Im going to be doing a Masters at UCL, so the Camden, Euston, Kings Cross area is also where I would want to be. My price range is also about 180-200pw. Lakra, do you know is single rooms in those areas ever go for that price?

Hi :smile:
Were you able to find a flat?
I'm an international student and will be doing my Masters at UCL this September as well..so I'm hunting for accomodation right now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending