The Student Room Group

Another reason why i don't want marriage

Out of the many reasons i have for not marrying here's one that particularly strikes me as odd(if i was thinking in someone else's shoes)
and i wondered if anyone else feels the same way or i'm just being stupid.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thefatone
Out of the many reasons i have for not marrying here's one that particularly strikes me as odd(if i was thinking in someone else's shoes)
and i wondered if anyone else feels the same way or i'm just being stupid.

Spoiler

Getting married doesn't mean you have to have children. My brother's married but they've agreed to never have children.

Also, you don't have to be married to have children. They're two completely independent things, neither one being a prerequisite to the other, so IMHO, your reasoning is a bit silly.
Original post by super_kawaii
Getting married doesn't mean you have to have children. My brother's married but they've agreed to never have children.

Also, you don't have to be married to have children. They're two completely independent things, neither one being a prerequisite to the other, so IMHO, your reasoning is a bit silly.

Was just going to say the same thing...

You can get married and not have kids..
Who needs marriage when you have puppies? :ahee:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Or food? :drool:
Reply 5

I see maybe i should've separated the 2 different things out, i don't want children or marriage and a kid screaming in the near vicinity reminded me why i don't want babies
Reply 6
Original post by Biryani007
Was just going to say the same thing...

You can get married and not have kids..

don't want either >.>

hmm not sure if i'd want pets or not... probably not since i'm a loner like that

Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Or food? :drool:

yes food is very tasty more good food :biggrin:
I see maybe i should've separated the 2 different things out, i don't want children or marriage and a kid screaming in the near vicinity reminded me why i don't want babies

But not wanting children isn't a reason for not wanting to get married because of the independence of the two things :s-smilie:
i want to get married but i will nver have kids eiher, there are plenty of people who have children out of wedlock and plenty of people who divorce after having children and plenty of people who get married but dont have children.
When people say they hate kids, I find myself wondering how they were ever kids themselves :dontknow:
People in this thread are annoying the whole point of marriage is to have kids. You don't have to but it's what people get married for to have kids and grow old together
When people say they hate kids, I find myself wondering how they were ever kids themselves :dontknow:

Obviously unaware of how obnoxious and unwanted we were
Reply 12
But not wanting children isn't a reason for not wanting to get married because of the independence of the two things :s-smilie:

Marriage... hmm i'm treading a fine line here...(no intent to harm or say women are a bad thing, i.e. pls don't offended)
well no marriage for me because i see it as a waste of time and money and also why do i need someone else? I'd rather be lonely and have more time and money on my hands. (yes i sound like a sad mother****er)
i just don't see the point in marriage i only see women and children as a burden and nothing more.

Original post by lolakirk
i want to get married but i will nver have kids eiher, there are plenty of people who have children out of wedlock and plenty of people who divorce after having children and plenty of people who get married but dont have children.

oh ok i see so there's quite the mix of people
Marriage... hmm i'm treading a fine line here...(no intent to harm or say women are a bad thing, i.e. pls don't offended)
well no marriage for me because i see it as a waste of time and money and also why do i need someone else? I'd rather be lonely and have more time and money on my hands. (yes i sound like a sad mother****er)
i just don't see the point in marriage i only see women and children as a burden and nothing more.

oh ok i see so there's quite the mix of people

And that's ok if that's what works for you, but they are completely independent things and doing one doesn't necessitate the other. I'd like to get married for the legal security provided to each other should anything happen to me or my OH, but I really don't want to have children for the same reason as you-they're a burden on my life plan and I'd rather spend my time becoming successful in my career and travelling instead of raising an unwanted life that never wanted to be born itself
Reply 14

i wasn't i was always a man. But the moment i went to boarding school and realised good support wasn't there when i reached for it i became a recluse and said fk everyone else and what they think i couldn't care anymore do what you want and i'll do what i want

Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
People in this thread are annoying the whole point of marriage is to have kids. You don't have to but it's what people get married for to have kids and grow old together

debatable.... but i would be on the side which says the point of marriage shows your devotion to the other person and how you want to be with them forever blah blah etc which should eventually lead into the couple making a family

Huskies>all. If you say those little puppies you can fit in your purse then I will have no choice but to :shoot: you. :tongue: #notsrs

Spoiler

Reply 16
And that's ok if that's what works for you, but they are completely independent things and doing one doesn't necessitate the other. I'd like to get married for the legal security provided to each other should anything happen to me or my OH, but I really don't want to have children for the same reason as you-they're a burden on my life plan and I'd rather spend my time becoming successful in my career and travelling instead of raising an unwanted life that never wanted to be born itself

i guess...
see on this matter people don't assume that marriage leads to creating a family so why do people assume things in other situations??? it doesn't make sense to me :/
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Huskies>all. If you say those little puppies you can fit in your purse then I will have no choice but to :shoot: you. :tongue: #notsrs

Spoiler

^^^^^ My future is in that pic tbh.

Oh god no small dogs scare me. Too yappy.
i guess...
see on this matter people don't assume that marriage leads to creating a family so why do people assume things in other situations??? it doesn't make sense to me :/

Cultural norms always lead to assumptions, so when people buck that trend it's surprising so people will be curious as to why they're bucking the trend. Normal human nature
I get what you mean about not wanting to have kids

For me, the whole idea of giving birth and doing all that nurturing bs really puts me off but I still think marriage has its purpose though

Quick Reply

Latest