The Student Room Group

What to do in 4 month Summer?!!!?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cuty123
Hi there,
I am a first year student at UCL and my exams will be over by the end of May. Which means I will be free from June to September.
However, I have NOTHING to do all summer and dont want to end up staying at home the whole time.
Any suggestions on what to do for uni students over summer, other than get a job. And if you recommend any volunteering etc can you guys give examples as I'm stuggling to find some!!

Start lifting and become Shredded AF! :dumbells: :drool:

Just get a part-time job, read the books you've been putting off and collecting,
go on holiday abroad, self-teach/look into your 2nd year modules early?
Reply 41
Original post by cuty123
Hi there,
I am a first year student at UCL and my exams will be over by the end of May. Which means I will be free from June to September.
However, I have NOTHING to do all summer and dont want to end up staying at home the whole time.
Any suggestions on what to do for uni students over summer, other than get a job. And if you recommend any volunteering etc can you guys give examples as I'm stuggling to find some!!

Apply for internships - these will definitely help you later on - look at websites such as
Target Jobs
CharityJob
Internwise
Milkround

If you have to volunteer its good to do it while your in first year and pick up soft transferable skills!

Good luck
After finding yourself a volunteering job, maybe it'd be a good idea to accompany yourself with a personal project? You could lose weight/gain muscle, start going to a sports club, learn to program, learn to cook etc.. 4 months is a ridiculously-long time, and volunteering will only occupy you for a small portion.
hideout festival, all my thoughts are on that, why don't pick a place to travel to, you wont get a 4 month break too man ytimes in your life so my parents keep telling me...
Cry just cry
Original post by Little Popcorns
Cry just cry

haha what cry all summer?
Original post by SunnySallyyA
haha what cry all summer?

Yes :cry2:
Original post by Little Popcorns
Yes :cry2:

Summertime Sadness
Original post by cuty123
I have tried so much to get work experience.. i mean sooo much but have got no responses? could u help me out?? (PM) please

what area are you looking to go into? what advice I give depends on the sector as different areas require different methods to get into them. for the conservation sectors its all about joining the wildlife trusts voluntary weekly work parties for a few months then applying for a summer placement with the RSPB or Forestry Commission or something like that then going onto more advanced roles whereas somewhere like a lawyer would probably be more like achieving the highest grades and applying early for those specific internships

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending