Original post by difeo
all of it
bitches love Ferraris

true

Original post by neal95
#ballin

cheers
(edited 7 years ago)
Wait 'til you've got some real money behind you.
Reply 5
Original post by DrSocSciences
Wait 'til you've got some real money behind you.

jelly much
Reply 6
How much are you bringing in a year? Can it be trusted to be stable?

I wouldn't go any higher than £10k, less if possible - you can get a ford focus that's decent and will do the job for £3.5. Plenty of millionaires out there with rustbuckets, that's why they're millionaires.
AwesomeGenius is that you?
Reply 8
Original post by JoeTSR
How much are you bringing in a year? Can it be trusted to be stable?

I wouldn't go any higher than £10k, less if possible - you can get a ford focus that's decent and will do the job for £3.5. Plenty of millionaires out there with rustbuckets, that's why they're millionaires.

cheers for the advice. Yeah my parents drive modest cars in that group.

But i've worked really hard past few years thought i'd treat myself.
Original post by Bill_Gates
jelly much

Funny. HNWI, with multiple income streams and property portfolio, xx
Reply 10
Similar situation. I'm 24, net worth around 277k. Which personally, living in London, don't think is all that much at all. Certainly not enough to spend on a fancy car that depreciates quickly. Rather save it to buy a decent flat in Z3/Z2 instead.

It depends on your monthly income and regarding the affordability of a car... Sure, you can pay all of it upfront, but I'd rather just hire it in some form for better leverage. Anyhow, last year I spent £19,200 on a Merc. Looking to upgrade to another Merc that's around £29,000 which works out to be around £600/m on repayment. I'm earning over £7.5k a month, so could easily afford a £1k/mo car on hire, which is the equivalent of a new £60k+ car but it's upto you how much you want to dip into your monthly earnings (Personally I'm very tempted by Merc CL63). For me, other things such as property take precedence. Yes, I've treated myself from all this hardwork. But nowhere near as much as you'd think.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
cheers for the advice. Yeah my parents drive modest cars in that group.

But i've worked really hard past few years thought i'd treat myself.

The key thing is how much you're earning though, and whether that fluctuates at all.

Objects might get you a little extra happiness, but it's economies of scale, that £7k (or more) extra won't give you anywhere near the same amount of happiness per £ as the first few.

If you want to treat yourself, I'd spend it on something experiental - that'll last forever. For £7k you could go to a bunch of far away countries, get a private pilots license, become a trained skydiver, learn a new language... etc.
Original post by JoeTSR
The key thing is how much you're earning though, and whether that fluctuates at all.

Objects might get you a little extra happiness, but it's economies of scale, that £7k (or more) extra won't give you anywhere near the same amount of happiness per £ as the first few.

If you want to treat yourself, I'd spend it on something experiental - that'll last forever. For £7k you could go to a bunch of far away countries, get a private pilots license, become a trained skydiver, learn a new language... etc.

yeah i've done that already. Been on holiday 3-4 times every year. Been to most major destinations now. I'm definitely more about the experiences.

Original post by NX172
Similar situation. I'm 24, net worth around 277k. Which personally, living in London, don't think is all that much at all. Certainly not enough to spend on a fancy car that depreciates quickly. Rather save it to buy a decent flat in Z3/Z2 instead.

It depends on your monthly income and regarding the affordability of a car... Sure, you can pay all of it upfront, but I'd rather just hire it in some form for better leverage. Anyhow, last year I spent £19,200 on a Merc. Looking to upgrade to another Merc that's around £29,000 which works out to be around £600/m on repayment. I'm earning over £7.5k a month, so could easily afford a £1k/mo car on hire, which is the equivalent of a new £60k+ car but it's upto you how much you want to dip into your monthly earnings (Personally I'm very tempted by Merc CL63). For me, other things such as property take precedence. Yes, I've treated myself from all this hardwork. But nowhere near as much as you'd think.

For sure won't go far in London but i'm not based there. Although we do have property in another major city but it's not mine (yet) :tongue:
Funny. HNWI, with multiple income streams and property portfolio, xx

Oh it's your parents money. Let's not go into that. This is my PERSONAL worth.
Reply 14
As little as possible to get you around as required.
Original post by Reue
As little as possible to get you around as required.

did i post in the frugal section?

horse and cart? :tongue:
Reply 16
yeah i've done that already. Been on holiday 3-4 times every year. Been to most major destinations now. I'm definitely more about the experiences.

For sure won't go far in London but i'm not based there. Although we do have property in another major city but it's not mine (yet) :tongue:

Then you can probably afford a better car given the lower living costs. I agree with JoeTSR to some extent. However, things like skydiving, traveling, etc isn't exactly every-day. I use my car everyday and look forward to driving it every day. My passengers have a good time in it, I have a good time in it. Smiles all around.
Reply 17
did i post in the frugal section?

horse and cart? :tongue:

You asked for opinions and what we would personally do, I gave you my response for what I'd do in the same situation.
Oh it's your parents money. Let's not go into that. This is my PERSONAL worth.

No, you couldn't be more wrong: Multiple income streams resulting from my own investment of my own earnings. If you were HNWI, you'd appreciate that.
No, you couldn't be more wrong: Multiple income streams resulting from my own investment of my own earnings. If you were HNWI, you'd appreciate that.

You came here with a jelly attitude. Why would you post if you weren't jelly and never had anything productive to add

LOL

Latest

Trending

Trending