The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got over it, accepted life sucks sometimes and carried on with life
Losing somebody you care about is hard, and I know it is tempting to feel like you won't possibly ever feel the same way again. The truth, though, is that you almost certainly will. I look back on my life and survey the landscape; the meandering paths are littered with regrets, many of which I cannot possibly now correct. Loss is a part of life, but ideally it will lead to opportunities for you to have new experiences, meet new people and feel that way again. It will be hard for a while, but you will move on. You must.
Original post by Forumaddict
And you knew 100% sure that you will never meet someone else as special as her and as perfect in your eyes as she is/was. There's literally nothing I wouldn't do to go back in time and correct the mistakes I made but you can't change the past :frown: :frown: :frown:

Get up!
Dust myself!
Try again!
Reply 4
Original post by ByronicHero
Losing somebody you care about is hard, and I know it is tempting to feel like you won't possibly ever feel the same way again. The truth, though, is that you almost certainly will. I look back on my life and survey the landscape; the meandering paths are littered with regrets, many of which I cannot possibly now correct. Loss is a part of life, but ideally it will lead to opportunities for you to have new experiences, meet new people and feel that way again. It will be hard for a while, but you will move on. You must.

But I won't because there is no one else out there the same as her, I won't ever find someone else
I would be kicking myself for a little while but would get over it eventually.
Youll meet someone even better than them at somepoint soon!
You need to just move on and forget about it.
The fact is no amount of regret or guilt is going to bring her back. The faster you move on, the less time you waste.

Talking from someone who used to be in the same boat.

Hell, after you've moved on you might even find her begging you to come back (even better - by then, that may not even be what you want anymore)
In your case a girl I don't even know / rarely even spoken to? Get a sense of perspective and stop putting her on a pedestal?

A girl in a relationship I liked? Not too great.
And you knew 100% sure that you will never meet someone else as special as her and as perfect in your eyes as she is/was. There's literally nothing I wouldn't do to go back in time and correct the mistakes I made but you can't change the past :frown: :frown: :frown:

Have you seen your GP and have you seen a counselor therapist yet o hkp you with your infatuation?

She was a dream girl, but you were infatuated. You didnt know her. You dont know 100% that you will never meet someone else as special, there will be plenty who are different or better.

Even now you could make contact before she goes to uni. but your shyness prevents you doing so, hence go and get help with it and stop going round in circles.
Original post by 999tigger
Have you seen your GP and have you seen a counselor therapist yet o hkp you with your infatuation?

She was a dream girl, but you were infatuated. You didnt know her. You dont know 100% that you will never meet someone else as special, there will be plenty who are different or better.

Even now you could make contact before she goes to uni. but your shyness prevents you doing so, hence go and get help with it and stop going round in circles.

You're wasting your time this guy has severe issues. No one sane should get this attached to someone they have never spoken to.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
You're wasting your time this guy has severe issues. No one sane should get this attached to someone they have never spoken to.

I know what he's like. there are worse on the forum. he has crippling shyness. he just needs to acknowledge it and go get help. Its possible.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob

I have talked to her before!!!!!!
Its hard but you gotta move on
Original post by ODES_PDES
Get up!
Dust myself!
Try again!

Try again at what? Getting a girlfriend ??? But I don't want anyone else

Original post by FireFreezer77
I would be kicking myself for a little while but would get over it eventually.
Youll meet someone even better than them at somepoint soon!
You need to just move on and forget about it.

I won't meet someone better than her. Please please don't say that because it is offensive to stay that she is not the best. I don't like how you don't get that she is truley beyond wonderful to me, she's benn so nice and friendly to me as well, she deserves the praise I give her and so much more

Original post by 999tigger

You're right that I don't know 100% but I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999%
surethatsheisperfectformeandnooneelsewillverCoParetoher
(edited 8 years ago)
Plenty more fish in the sea :smile:
^my space bar stopped working there^^

I won't meet someone better than her. Please please don't say that because it is offensive to stay that she is not the best. I don't like how you don't get that she is truley beyond wonderful to me, she's benn so nice and friendly to me as well, she deserves the praise I give her and so much more

Ok i apologize but youre still gonna have to look around!
What happened between you two?
Its just ive never experienced that so i dont quite know how it feels tbh.
But surely all guys think highly of their crush?
But im afraid you may well have to leave her alone and find someone else
Reply 17
Embrace the single life! :party:

Spoiler

Realise that if she really wet my 'perfect girl' it would have worked out and move on to better things

i would realise there is no such thing as a dream girl.

You just have rose coloured glasses on about her because you're too beta/ incel to realise the very strong likelihood that actually she's not special.

Latest

Trending

Trending