The Student Room Group

Get more opinions about those uni

Hi, :biggrin:
I am currently studying computer science at Uni of South Wales, I ve done UCAS to change uni. I 'd like to get opinions about the uni because can't make my choice...
If I could also have any additional informations it would be fab !!
The Uni are :
-brighton
-southampton
-sussex uni
-east london
-aston uni
For the moment Brighton Uni takes me, also southampton and I am still waiting the others !

Thanks for your help :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Southampton by far. None of the other universities (certainly not Brighton or UEL) can compare to their reputation in engineering and STEM subjects in general.
Reply 2
Seriously ?? Southampton is the uni which got the lowest ranking in computer science with london...
Brighton seemed to be good...
Original post by mercener
Seriously ?? Southampton is the uni which got the lowest ranking in computer science with london...
Brighton seemed to be good...

Do you mean Southampton or Southampton Solent? The former is good, the latter not so good.
Southampton, or Southampton Solent? Southampton much better than any of the others you've listed, Solent is about the same.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Sorry, yeah it is Solent !
Sorry, yeah it is Solent !

A rather important piece of information!!! In that case, not Solent or UEL.
Reply 7
Ok thanks ageshallnot, why not those two ? what about Brighton ?
Does anyone know what we are exactly studying in this uni (i mean in computer science) ?
Ok thanks ageshallnot, why not those two ? what about Brighton ?
Does anyone know what we are exactly studying in this uni (i mean in computer science) ?

Overall they have the weakest reputations. If you want to know what you would study at any of them you have to read the course description.
Reply 9
This is what I have done !! But as I said i 'd get informations from people who know the place and know what we study in computer science...
There is not informations i want on the course decription
Reply 10
Hi, :biggrin:
I am currently studying computer science at Uni of South Wales, I ve done UCAS to change uni. I 'd like to get opinions about the uni because can't make my choice...
If I could also have any additional informations it would be fab !!
The Uni are :
-brighton
-southampton
-sussex uni
-east london
-aston uni
For the moment Brighton Uni takes me, also southampton and I am still waiting the others !

Thanks for your help :wink:

None of them are a huge step-up from Uni of South Wales. And some are ranked lower. Why move?

Treforest is lovely in the sunshine...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Yeah i like Cardiff, Treforest is a good place to live when u r 70 or more... It is a really good place to study tho but I use to live in South Coast, I enjoyed way more this is why I wanna go back there :wink:
I've heard good things about Sussex. :smile:
Reply 13
Out of all of them I would say Sussex would be the most reputable, followed by Aston. I would pick one of those 2.
Original post by jneill
None of them are a huge step-up from Uni of South Wales. And some are ranked lower. Why move?

Treforest is lovely in the sunshine...

Yeah i like Cardiff, Treforest is a good place to live when u r 70 or more... It is a really good place to study tho but I use to live in South Coast, I enjoyed way more this is why I wanna go back there :wink:

I think that's why @jneill likes it...! :biggrin:
Reply 15

Has Aston relocated? Was in deepest Midlands last time I checked. An UEL is in, er, London.

Check out Surrey. It's good. Or Southampton.

Original post by ageshallnot
I think that's why @jneill likes it...! :biggrin:

LOL @ageshallnot :shakecane:

Actually I did CompSci there myself back when it was the Poly of Wales! Good times.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Alright I was planning to go to Brighton Uni, any informations from people who have been there could be nice :badger::badger::badger:
Anyway, I am still waiting aston and sussex
Reply 17
Alright I was planning to go to Brighton Uni, any informations from people who have been there could be nice :badger::badger::badger:

Probably best to have a look in here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=867
If your looking for a seaside university try Swansea right next to the beach. Another one is Aberystwyth. Both are far nearer than Brighton

Come to think of it, one of the most successful Comp Sci grads I've worked with went to Sussex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending