The Student Room Group

IGCSE clash, any advice?

Hey guys, i wanted your help with an exam clash. I have the french IGCSE exam with the biology IGCSE paper 1 and the Greek A -level paper 1, on the same day. It's more than edexcel's limit so I have a choice of doing them all in the same day but spread out, or transferring the biology to the next day and sleeping at a teacher's house . Greek is pretty easy for me , since it's my native language, but I wasn't sure if I should do them all on the same day to get them out of the way or not. It's also the first day of exams so I won't be that tired.
Reply 1
Original post by ErsieCh
Hey guys, i wanted your help with an exam clash. I have the french IGCSE exam with the biology IGCSE paper 1 and the Greek A -level paper 1, on the same day. It's more than edexcel's limit so I have a choice of doing them all in the same day but spread out, or transferring the biology to the next day and sleeping at a teacher's house . Greek is pretty easy for me , since it's my native language, but I wasn't sure if I should do them all on the same day to get them out of the way or not. It's also the first day of exams so I won't be that tired.

It honestly depends on you! Which would you feel more comfortable with doing? Is Biology one of your strong subjects? If it is, then I would just go ahead with doing the Greek and Biology exam on the same day, since you'll get them over and done with, but if not, an extra day of revision can be helpful.
Reply 2
Original post by nusquam
It honestly depends on you! Which would you feel more comfortable with doing? Is Biology one of your strong subjects? If it is, then I would just go ahead with doing the Greek and Biology exam on the same day, since you'll get them over and done with, but if not, an extra day of revision can be helpful.

Thanxx for replying. Well. I am pretty strong in all of them, and I got a high A* in all of them in my mocks. if it was only 2 i would definitely do them without second thought, but it is 3 exams.
Reply 3
Original post by ErsieCh
Thanxx for replying. Well. I am pretty strong in all of them, and I got a high A* in all of them in my mocks. if it was only 2 i would definitely do them without second thought, but it is 3 exams.

Yes, I agree that three exams may seem a bit daunting, but if you're strong in all of them, I think you'll do just fine.

At the end of the day, just choose what you think you'll be more comfortable with.
Reply 4
Original post by nusquam
Yes, I agree that three exams may seem a bit daunting, but if you're strong in all of them, I think you'll do just fine.

At the end of the day, just choose what you think you'll be more comfortable with.

Thank you for your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest