The Student Room Group

Cellulite?

I'm 16 and I have really bad cellulite on my thighs and bum. I've had it for quite a long time, since I was about 13/14. The first time I really noticed it was when I was with my friends and I was sitting down on a chair in shorts and friend pointed at my thigh and asked me why my leg was all bumpy. Since then I've been quite self conscious about it but it's definitely become worse in the last year.
I'm 5'5 and relitively fit, I go to the gym about twice a week and dance two nights a week, and I walk home from school(about an hours walk) a few days a week. I'm certainly no overweight, I am a bit fatter than my friends but I think it's just genetic because I'm built differently to them, they're all very skinny with no boobs or a figure and I have a rather full hourglass figure with quite large boobs and bum.
I ordered some cream off the Internet to help get rid of it and it arrived today. I opened the parcel in my room but my dad came in to see what was in it. I tried to hide it from him and told him it was just moisturiser but he took it from me anyway and when he saw what it was he looked at me and said I was only sixteen.
That's made me really paranoid about it, so I was wondering if it was normal for a 16 year old to have cellulite? And how I could get rid of it? I've been trying to lose weight but I've not lost any yet, I've been eating healthier and have recently gone vegetarian.
90% of women have cellulite, it is so normal.. Your friends might not have it now but i guarantee in 5 years times they will all gain weight and have it.. I understand it must have made you feel really self conscious when your friend pointed it out but try not to focus on that..
Its not something you can get rid of so id recommend trying to see if differently, have you ever watched gok wans old programs? All those women have cellulite but look fabulous :smile:
However if you really want to try then all i can think of is when you apply the cream give yourself a massage at the same time
P.s i have cellulite and i really don't care haha
Reply 3
If it's' from being fat I find it disgusting, I get it on my armpits from the gym, muscle growing too quickly for the skin.

I have heard coconut oil / baby oil can help but I've never tried them.
Reply 4
Original post by Hevachan
90% of women have cellulite, it is so normal.. Your friends might not have it now but i guarantee in 5 years times they will all gain weight and have it.. I understand it must have made you feel really self conscious when your friend pointed it out but try not to focus on that..
Its not something you can get rid of so id recommend trying to see if differently, have you ever watched gok wans old programs? All those women have cellulite but look fabulous :smile:
However if you really want to try then all i can think of is when you apply the cream give yourself a massage at the same time

That makes me feel better thankyou, I've been trying to feel better about it but its not very easy, especially since I seem to be the only person I know struggling with it.
I used to love Gok wan's show when I was younger, maybe I should start watching it again:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by BicepPeak
If it's' from being fat I find it disgusting, I get it on my armpits from the gym, muscle growing too quickly for the skin.

I have heard coconut oil / baby oil can help but I've never tried them.

I'm not fat, I have a flat stomach and a small waist, I just happen to have an hour glass figure and big thighs that I inherited from my mum. And when I say big thighs I don't mean huge, just slightly bigger than other people's, though I have noticed that compared to a lot of people they aren't even that big I'm just self conscious.
Thankyou, I'll have a look into coconut oil and baby oil and might try it.
To be honest there is little you can do about cellulite other than lose weight, and even then it is stubborn. Pretty much everyone gets a bit of cellulite at some point so try not to worry about it, it's really normal.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 16 and I have really bad cellulite on my thighs and bum. I've had it for quite a long time, since I was about 13/14. The first time I really noticed it was when I was with my friends and I was sitting down on a chair in shorts and friend pointed at my thigh and asked me why my leg was all bumpy. Since then I've been quite self conscious about it but it's definitely become worse in the last year.
I'm 5'5 and relitively fit, I go to the gym about twice a week and dance two nights a week, and I walk home from school(about an hours walk) a few days a week. I'm certainly no overweight, I am a bit fatter than my friends but I think it's just genetic because I'm built differently to them, they're all very skinny with no boobs or a figure and I have a rather full hourglass figure with quite large boobs and bum.
I ordered some cream off the Internet to help get rid of it and it arrived today. I opened the parcel in my room but my dad came in to see what was in it. I tried to hide it from him and told him it was just moisturiser but he took it from me anyway and when he saw what it was he looked at me and said I was only sixteen.
That's made me really paranoid about it, so I was wondering if it was normal for a 16 year old to have cellulite? And how I could get rid of it? I've been trying to lose weight but I've not lost any yet, I've been eating healthier and have recently gone vegetarian.

First of all you are completely normal! Loads, and I mean loads, of women have cellulite it's all due to fat and tissues etc. I struggle with it too! But my best advice for you would be to up your water intake. The amount of water you drink can have a very positive impact on the appearance of cellulite as it helps to flush the toxins and stubborn fat tissues from the body. :smile:
P.S. weight often has nothing to do with it - i've seen lots of slim girls with cellulite. I think it's quite genetic so don't start questioning your weight you sound perfectly healthy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not sure about trusting Helens opinion on Nivele. The only posts she has put on this website has been recommendations for products like that...hmm.

Not to mention there is little to no evidence creams like that work in any way shape or form.

Cellulite is caused by the way fat deposits are distributed near the surface of the skin and along with connective tissues.

It's pretty much physiologically normal and there is very little you can do about it. The vast majority of post pubescent women have cellulite.

Some things might improve the appearance such as weight loss (if you are overweight) or muscle building.

But yeah, it's perfectly normal and nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nyancats
First of all you are completely normal! Loads, and I mean loads, of women have cellulite it's all due to fat and tissues etc. I struggle with it too! But my best advice for you would be to up your water intake. The amount of water you drink can have a very positive impact on the appearance of cellulite as it helps to flush the toxins and stubborn fat tissues from the body. :smile:
P.S. weight often has nothing to do with it - i've seen lots of slim girls with cellulite. I think it's quite genetic so don't start questioning your weight you sound perfectly healthy.

That's actually a very common myth about cellulite (no idea why). But cellulite has nothing to do with toxins. It's not supported by any science or evidence.

While drinking water won't help cellulite specifically, it can help the appearance of skin in general though.

You're right about weight, even very slim women can get cellulite.
For maintain cellulite free skin just give it to try dermalmd cellulite serum I also using this serum and have definitely noticed a great improvement with my skin on my legs: cellulite has been decreased and my skin has tighten up. I've been exercising and watching what I eat for a while now, but I did not notice much of an improvement on my legs until using the Dermalmd Cellulite Serum. I highly recommend this serum.

Quick Reply

Latest