The Student Room Group

Donald Trump dominates New York primary

Trump won at least 89 out of 95 delegates. Make America great again! :biggrin:

Go on my son !!
:biggrin:
New York, why?
Do people not realise that the republican primaries are voted by registered republican voters, not by the entire national electorate. It's not a general election, and is only representative of a small percentage of American people. Trump winning a primary doesn't make it more or less likely for Democratic candidates to be voted in for their nomination.

Original post by Bernie2016
New York, why?
Original post by drinktheoceans
Do people not realise that the republican primaries are voted by registered republican voters, not by the entire national electorate. It's not a general election, and is only representative of a small percentage of American people. Trump winning a primary doesn't make it more or less likely for Democratic candidates to be voted in for their nomination.

But still i would expect New York people to be against him, even if they are already republicans as New York is more liberal compared to states such as Alabama.
I gotta say, Drumpf is very entertaining. He makes great TV, no wonder Americans are voting for him.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Probably why they are voting for Trump - the alternative is Cruz

Yup, It's kind of amusing and even people I know who I thought were pretty politically aware seem blind to the fact despite Trump being a bit a dire option, he is actually lesser of 2 other evils.

I actually think Trump would be a bit powerless as president and not do half the things he says he would. When you look at his opinions on many areas he's prone to flip flopping depending on what he thinks will keep him popular, and he's very much against federal government interference. That's why on things like gay marriage he is personally against it, but unlike the other candidates who'd outlaw it, his response to being questioned on it before was along the lines of "Well erm...I don't really like it but...erm...y'know a lot of states seem to support it now so.....you gotta do it when lots of them want it.". Which in fairness is at least democratic. He's probably changed his stance a few times this then but in the end would probably go down that avenue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending