The Student Room Group

orgasms

why is the bit just before an orgasm way better than the actual full-blown orgasm?
It varies, for me at least. I've had orgasms that have been like the line from Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy about having your brain smashed out with a large gold brick, and ones that have been barely noticeable.

But in general, just before orgasm is the point of maximum tension before the release, and that's going to be enjoyable, regardless of how strong the orgasm is.
It's part of your orgasm, especially if you're a girl. Girl's orgasms are a lot longer than males in general and that whole build up is part of the orgasm.
Hmm, I'm going to point to the research that took male and female accounts of orgasm, took out the obvious gender-specific bits, and challenged people to say which gender had written which account... without people being able to do so.

The build up is part of the male experience too, at least for anyone who doesn't come in seconds.
Reply 4
Original post by bethwalker85
It's part of your orgasm, especially if you're a girl. Girl's orgasms are a lot longer than males in general and that whole build up is part of the orgasm.

no it's not part of it.

because it happens when edging, like before the orgasm happens I stop at that really amazing point and build up again... basically edging
but the last time like when I just let the orgasm happen after stopping/starting a few times that bit just before it is amazing again but the rest of the orgasm although lasting a long time isn't that great.
Original post by Anonymous
no it's not part of it.

because it happens when edging, like before the orgasm happens I stop at that really amazing point and build up again... basically edging
but the last time like when I just let the orgasm happen after stopping/starting a few times that bit just before it is amazing again but the rest of the orgasm although lasting a long time isn't that great.

It is part of it, it's the build up to it and part of it.

Men have that build up too.

Orgasms aren't just 1,2 done.. they last for up to 2 minutes.
Ah, if you've been edging - deliberately holding back from orgasm to spend as much time as you want in the 'plateau' state - it's not surprising that there's less of a contrast with the actual orgasm.

It would shock my 13 year old self, but I've been known not to bother with the orgasm after spending so much time close to it.

Quick Reply

Latest