The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2016 Accomodation Choices

I will be coming to Bristol University this year to study Film and Television, and just wanted some help working out where to pick to spend my first year.

I'm not the most naturally sociable person and hence I'd like somewhere that is sociable so that I can meet new people more easily. I gather the stoke bishop halls are most popular but the more city centre halls seem more attractive to me as they are closer, but I think in the end atmosphere is more important than location.

I'm well into my music and obviously film as well, I don't know whether there might be halls where more film people would be? I like the look of the courtrooms though I've not heard great things, Orchard heights seems nice, so does Durdham hall and Richmond terrace, and then I guess New Bridewell is a bit of a wild card as new accomodation...

Hoping for some good insight into the best places to be in Bristol uni!

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by BarryLyndon
I will be coming to Bristol University this year to study Film and Television, and just wanted some help working out where to pick to spend my first year.

I'm not the most naturally sociable person and hence I'd like somewhere that is sociable so that I can meet new people more easily. I gather the stoke bishop halls are most popular but the more city centre halls seem more attractive to me as they are closer, but I think in the end atmosphere is more important than location.

I'm well into my music and obviously film as well, I don't know whether there might be halls where more film people would be? I like the look of the courtrooms though I've not heard great things, Orchard heights seems nice, so does Durdham hall and Richmond terrace, and then I guess New Bridewell is a bit of a wild card as new accomodation...

Hoping for some good insight into the best places to be in Bristol uni!

Thanks

All the Stoke Bishop halls, bar Durdham, have a sociable reputation.
Outside of SB, Goldney is also sociable.

Those are the 'most sociable' halls reputation wise.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
New accommodations (ie OH and Courtrooms) are often less sociable- I live in OH this year and it's okay as long as you can branch out from our flat a bit, but I have heard that the Courtooms is very poor socially.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Besides Stoke Bishop halls I've heard the ones in the Lower Clifton Hill area (like Goldney) are quite social and obviously they're far nearer the film and television department. I've firmed for the same course and went for SB in the end!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending