The Student Room Group

Early clearing??

I completed my Alevels last year, achieving BBC and have taken a year out, working full time. I've received all five offers from Coventry, Bangor, Bath spa, swansea and brighton.... however none of them have called out to me like Sheffield and Leeds did when I was expecting ABB results. Resitting basically isn't an option but is there any way that if I were to ring up other universities and explain my situation that they would take me on???
Reply 1
Original post by sallydevlin2
I completed my Alevels last year, achieving BBC and have taken a year out, working full time. I've received all five offers from Coventry, Bangor, Bath spa, swansea and brighton.... however none of them have called out to me like Sheffield and Leeds did when I was expecting ABB results. Resitting basically isn't an option but is there any way that if I were to ring up other universities and explain my situation that they would take me on???

Clearing does start in July if you already have your results. However, unis might not know that early if they have spaces left. It's also unlikely they'd accept BBC if they're asking for ABB.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Clearing does start in July if you already have your results. However, unis might not know that early if they have spaces left. It's also unlikely they'd accept BBC if they're asking for ABB.

Can I ring up and speak to other unis even if I've already firmed another? Because I will have had to by that time
Reply 3
Can I ring up and speak to other unis even if I've already firmed another? Because I will have had to by that time

Yes. They might say you need to apply through Clearing to get an actual offer (which means you would need to decline your other offers) but if so you can ask if they think you'd be successful. Be prepared to answer questions about why you like the course and subject.
Reply 4
Does that include declining my other offers before I'm certainly getting another then?
Does that include declining my other offers before I'm certainly getting another then?

Yes. They might be willing to make an informal offer in writing but it can't go through on ucas without a period of uncertainty.
your chances of getting into any university offering AAB are slim. Is there any reason you don't fancy these universities such as distance from home. Have you visited these universities. It might be worth trying that first as when you get there you might get a totally different impression. If however you intend staying in Yorkshire it might be worth looking at somewhere like Sheffield Hallam which might accept you on your grades. For what it is worth Swansea University has a stunning location and I honestly believe that you should check it out before coming to your decision.
Original post by swansea jack 1
your chances of getting into any university offering AAB are slim. Is there any reason you don't fancy these universities such as distance from home. Have you visited these universities. It might be worth trying that first as when you get there you might get a totally different impression. If however you intend staying in Yorkshire it might be worth looking at somewhere like Sheffield Hallam which might accept you on your grades. For what it is worth Swansea University has a stunning location and I honestly believe that you should check it out before coming to your decision.

I quite agree visit all the uni's before you say no

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending