The Student Room Group

Why do south Asian parents hate black guys

I was talking to this hot south Asian girl at my sixth form, and i told her to hook me up with some girls. She was telling how if she brought a black guy home her parents would be pissed. Why is that?/

Scroll to see replies

Do they?
:biggrin:
Original post by ftsoft
I was talking to this hot south Asian girl at my sixth form, and i told her to hook me up with some girls. She was telling how if she brought a black guy home her parents would be pissed. Why is that?/

It's common that Asian (Indian) parents in general tend to forbid this as they want their son/daughter to be with a person of same/similar culture and cast.
Reply 3
Original post by SubZero~
It's common that Asian (Indian) parents in general tend to forbid this as they want their son/daughter to be with a person of same/similar culture and cast.

Are your parents like that??
Original post by ftsoft
Are your parents like that??

Yeah! I don't really mind it to be honest. At least they're not planning some sort of arranged marriage. cx They're also open to me having a girlfriend in the future, as long as the 'criteria is met.' It's weird.
I assume when you say South Asian - you mean Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.?

I'm Chinese and my parents don't think highly of Black people, which perhaps could be that blacks were known to be slaves in the past (meaning no offence), and asian culture is quite mostly around money and success. My sister has a best friend who is black and my parents get annoyed when she brings her over.

I wouldn't know why they they are like this, but maybe its down to culture. For me, I don't really care about someone's race.
MOST Asian parents would be upset if you bought back non-Asian home, it doesn't matter if black, white, mixed.
Reply 7
Yeah! I don't really mind it to be honest. At least they're not planning some sort of arranged marriage. cx They're also open to me having a girlfriend in the future, as long as the 'criteria is met.' It's weird.

what if you had this super hot black girl and she had everything your were looking for in girl but your parents say that you cant date/marry her?? Would you care then?
Original post by ftsoft
what if you had this super hot black girl and she had everything your were looking for in girl but your parents say that you cant date/marry her?? Would you care then?

Well, sure I'd be upset but at the end of the day, I wouldn't want to lose my family for anyone. ^^
Reply 9
Well, sure I'd be upset but at the end of the day, I wouldn't want to lose my family for anyone. ^^

So your willing to sacrifice you happiness for your family?
Original post by KaMingy
I assume when you say South Asian - you mean Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.?.

Worst geography ever.
Original post by ftsoft
So your willing to sacrifice you happiness for your family?

No, lol. Just because one girl comes along with supposedly everything I'd look for in a girl, doesn't mean I'll lose happiness? I'm sure I'll be able to find someone similar to me and what not and be happy. You're taking things out of context, kind of!
Reply 12
No, lol. Just because one girl comes along with supposedly everything I'd look for in a girl, doesn't mean I'll lose happiness? I'm sure I'll be able to find someone similar to me and what not and be happy. You're taking things out of context, kind of!

ummmm ok
Original post by ftsoft
ummmm ok

I think you're jumping to conclusions too quickly whilst also undervaluing family.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Worst geography ever.

You missed out the part where I said "assume".

Some people say South Asian and can refer to Indians or Chinese, just like when people say Asian but can mean any of the South East or South Asians.
Original post by KaMingy

Some people say South Asian and can refer to Indians or Chinese, just like when people say Asian but can mean any of the South East or South Asians.

WGE
Original post by ODES_PDES
Do they?:biggrin:
alot do.
Original post by KaMingy
I assume when you say South Asian - you mean Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc.?.

Spoiler

Original post by loveleest
MOST Asian parents would be upset if you bought back non-Asian home, it doesn't matter if black, white, mixed.

it's way worse with black people, it's sad really and totally out of order.

Original post by ftsoft

the family would just make jokes/tease about how dark the babies would be.

Original post by KaMingy

well china and japan aren't in south asia
Original post by Wilfred Little
WGE

:hmpf:
Well, most south Asian parents prefer if their daughters brought someone that is also south Asian, its always been like that.
OP - might be to do with stereotypes.

black men are known for leaving the mother and children lol, I know it's disgusting to judge a whole race like that but sadly it's what happens.
they're also assumed to be too "wild".

Quick Reply

Latest