The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Non NHS student bursaries

Does anyone know if there's bursaries for students that aren't on a NHS course? My student finance will all go towards accommodation and was wondering if there's any sort of support I can get from the university.
Original post by Shueb95
Does anyone know if there's bursaries for students that aren't on a NHS course? My student finance will all go towards accommodation and was wondering if there's any sort of support I can get from the university.

Are you from a low income family?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by cherryred90s
Are you from a low income family?

Yes
Original post by Shueb95
Yes

You could apply for a bursary then. I'm sure your university will offer some type of bursary for low income families, have a look.
Reply 4
You could apply for a bursary then. I'm sure your university will offer some type of bursary for low income families, have a look.

I've looked on their website and couldn't find anything other than nhs/health care bursaries.:frown:
Original post by Shueb95
I've looked on their website and couldn't find anything other than nhs/health care bursaries.:frown:

Which uni?
Reply 6
Which uni?

Original post by Shueb95

Oh wow. Just had a look and I don't think your uni offers bursaries for low income households. That sucks. There's a £2000 per year bursary at my uni. You might have to give them a call, because it's weird that they aren't offering anything at all..
We had the National Scholarship Programme as the main bursary for low income families (i received it) , but sadly the government scrapped said scheme. I know for a fact you'll be offered a place on Herts Success (so long as they can source funding for next year) which is basically a programme to offer loads of extra support to people from low income households, including loads of free trips and free activities that the rest of the Uni students not on Herts Success won't get. You'll also be offered the chance to become an Outreach Ambassador for the Outreach and Widening Participation department, a scheme which only Herts Success students can be eligible Get job, loads of chances during the year to work and earn money (this is my 3rd year in the job now)

I don't think the Uni has provided/ set up a new bursary for low income families. If you do get into issues, the Uni offer the Hardship fund which helps loads of students .

If you want info about what the Uni does offer, contact the funding team on [email protected]

- Luke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending