The Student Room Group

Things you used to be scared of

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivy.98
climbing really tall trees

On the topic of climbing things, I was also scared of using slides, I think because I fell down one when climbing it >.<
Original post by Kamara7
Can you remember anything you used to be scared of when you were younger?

I used to be scared of a purple dinosaur on Dora the Explorer (I remember hiding behind the sofa, I used to be terrified of this dinosaur) and a cloud on Teletubbies that used to fly to the ground (I think I'm over both of them now)

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Oh no :console: Ikr, I have sleep paralysis, not being able to move is the worst thing >.<
Courage the cowardly dog

Also, this ****:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kamara7
Oh no :console: Ikr, I have sleep paralysis, not being able to move is the worst thing >.<

I don't know. Last time I had sleep paralysis, I didn't even wanted to move. I was calm.

Probably the urge to fight passes over time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoda123
Courage the cowardly dog

Is it the dog or just the TV show in general that was scary :smile:
Balloons

They still kinda weird me out
Original post by Impressive
I don't know. Last time I had sleep paralysis, I didn't even wanted to move. I was calm.

Probably the urge to fight passes over time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, when I have it, I'm always in the worst position and I feel really distressed, it's not a good feeling for me :no: It's a good thing I don't have it often!
Original post by Inexorably
Balloons

They still kinda weird me out

The object itself, the popping or the rubbing noise? :tongue:
Original post by Kamara7
Oh, when I have it, I'm always in the worst position and I feel really distressed, it's not a good feeling for me :no: It's a good thing I don't have it often!

Have you noticed anything unusual during that time?

How long does it usually last for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kamara7
The object itself, the popping or the rubbing noise? :tongue:

the rubbing noise, the fact it can pop any time and zeah i just dont like them they're scary
Have you noticed anything unusual during that time?

How long does it usually last for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing else unusual, except for the fact that I can't move at all but my brain's awake :tongue: It lasts 3-10 minutes, 5 if I try really hard to move my legs and breath rapidly, 10 if I'm calmer.
Original post by Kamara7
Can you remember anything you used to be scared of when you were younger?

I used to be scared of a purple dinosaur on Dora the Explorer (I remember hiding behind the sofa, I used to be terrified of this dinosaur) and a cloud on Teletubbies that used to fly to the ground (I think I'm over both of them now)

The Rotacentre multi-storey car park is still terrifying for many. Just where do we start.
Built in the 1960s this is a labyrinth of grey concrete passageways occupied by criminals and gangsters and yes probably bogeymen.
Nobody goes above deck 4 and only the stupid use the lifts.
Muggers lurk behind corners in its extensive network of passageways. There has also been rumours of kidnapping. The upper market hall link is particularly bad. Not even 'The Police' enter the car park as its impossible to police without danger of being ambushed or the criminals melting away into its rabbit warren of enclosed concrete paths and alleyways. Only last year a car pursued by police entered the car park and the police ended their pursuit, ( the driver was suspected of being drunk) it really is that scary.
The deck 7 toilets behind the lifts is occupied by a strange drugged up person who lives there and is often used like a human dog by gangsters to scare people into giving over valuables. Really this car park has became a society within a society.
'The Police' have tried several times to remove the criminal element but without any luck as they just sink deeper into its depths and often just return once 'The Police' have gone.
Down in the lower subways beneath the car park there is a woman in a kiosk who is constantly crying and makes one feel very miserable and spooked after seeing her.

The council have wanted to demolish it several times but demolition surveyors refuse to enter the place. Even with back up people have suffered misfortune especially after seeing the crying woman in the kiosk. Bad things happen moments after the encounter if there is a low pitched banging sound.
(Passed the kiosk is passageway -2a a coffee coloured tiled passage where if a low pitched banging sound is heard, under no circumstances use the lift, take instead the spiral stairwell downwards. If you take this route be careful to ensure you remember where the entrance is other wise it's just a constant spiral. The only good thing is the organised gangsters don't even come down here.)
Original post by Kamara7
Nothing else unusual, except for the fact that I can't move at all but my brain's awake :tongue: It lasts 3-10 minutes, 5 if I try really hard to move my legs and breath rapidly, 10 if I'm calmer.

Sometimes you can see someone standing in the room during sleep paralysis.

I would advise you to not sleep with supine position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yoda123
Courage the cowardly dog

Also, this ****:

I could watch Courage fine, but I was scared of a ****ing cloud! I don't even remember that picture XD

That makes me cringe everytime I see that >.< The whole sequence of animation for that is just ewwww.
My brother was also watching the episode Face Freeze which creeped me out as well:
Original post by Ambitious1999
The Rotacentre multi-storey car park is still terrifying for many. Just where do we start.
Built in the 1960s this is a labyrinth of grey concrete passageways occupied by criminals and gangsters and yes probably bogeymen.
Nobody goes above deck 4 and only the stupid use the lifts.
Muggers lurk behind corners in its extensive network of passageways. There has also been rumours of kidnapping. The upper market hall link is particularly bad. Not even 'The Police' enter the car park as its impossible to police without danger of being ambushed or the criminals melting away into its rabbit warren of enclosed concrete paths and alleyways. Only last year a car pursued by police entered the car park and the police ended their pursuit, ( the driver was suspected of being drunk) it really is that scary.
The deck 7 toilets behind the lifts is occupied by a strange drugged up person who lives there and is often used like a human dog by gangsters to scare people into giving over valuables. Really this car park has became a society within a society.
'The Police' have tried several times to remove the criminal element but without any luck as they just sink deeper into its depths and often just return once 'The Police' have gone.
Down in the lower subways beneath the car park there is a woman in a kiosk who is constantly crying and makes one feel very miserable and spooked after seeing her.

The council have wanted to demolish it several times but demolition surveyors refuse to enter the place. Even with back up people have suffered misfortune especially after seeing the crying woman in the kiosk. Bad things happen moments after the encounter if there is a low pitched banging sound.
(Passed the kiosk is passageway -2a a coffee coloured tiled passage where if a low pitched banging sound is heard, under no circumstances use the lift, take instead the spiral stairwell downwards. If you take this route be careful to ensure you remember where the entrance is other wise it's just a constant spiral. The only good thing is the organised gangsters don't even come down here.)

Sounds scary. Run in the opposite direction :run:
Sometimes you can see someone standing in the room during sleep paralysis.

I would advise you to not sleep with supine position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard about this, I've only had this once and it was quite creepy. I always sleep on my side, I have a feeling that it's when I roll over face down. I don't think I could even sleep facing upwards! Thanks though! :h:
Original post by Kamara7
Is it the dog or just the TV show in general that was scary :smile:

The tv show in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was really young I remember watching something on the TV that gave me nightmares for a good two years.
I didn't want to sleep on my own and I would cry because I didn't want to sleep.
I just remember seeing a man on a hospital bed and being wheeled off into a lift by invisible people.
They took him to the very top floor and I just remember putting him in like this glass case covering so he was trapped.
And I remember seeing a pair of floating scissors and perhaps a knife maybe and the man screaming.
lol I am so desperate to find out what tv show or film it was omg.
Like I was scared to sleep in case I wake up being trapped in a glass case.
(edited 8 years ago)
Gollum. :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest