University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester University 2016/17 Official Thread

This is for anyone making Leicester university their firm choiceeee :smile:

comment what you want to study and what accommodation you applied for

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to firm it to study Management
I haven't applied for accommodation yet lol.. it's so overwhelming but i'm definitely going to be somewhere in Oadby.
I don't care about sharing bathrooms etc I just want a basin. Also I want to see how much student finance i'm going to get before I decide which one. How about you ?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Management seems cool, I'm applying for Law :frown:

it isssss! with the revision and stuff, it is too overwhelming but I've applied for Opal as my first choice and Nixon Court even though I didn't view them

Really?? I've never understood why people only want a basin tbh loool, but i've applied to only en suite rooms, I can not imagine myself sharing with others but that seems reasonable

Have you sent off your application for student finance ?
Original post by studentcrying
...?

Aw why the sad face for law haha ?
Ah yeah they do look nice but I want the buzz of being in the village and the botanic garden looks so pretty
Yeah basically I went to another uni before and I thought i'd hate sharing but it was fineeee, I had a basin so all I had to really do wash shower/go to the toilet elsewhere and there were cleaners as well
Yep I've sent it off just waiting to see because i'm doing it the 2nd time round I just don't want to run into financial difficulties or anything :smile:
Reply 4
Criminology, Fresh student living
International Relations. Commuting
Hi there,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here I just wanted to let you know that we still have a selection of en suite rooms and studio apartments available to book for September at Merlin Heights, the brand new student accommodation on Bath Lane in Leicester.

We have en suite rooms and studios available in Bronze, Silver, Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum Studios (the larger ones are suitable for student couples to share).

There are two awesome social spaces one on the ground floor and one on the 12th floor with views across the City. As you’d expect ALL BILLS, 100Mbps WIFI and CONTENTS INSURANCE are included in your rent!

The location is perfect too just a short walk to UoL, 5 minutes from the Highcross Centre and close to all transport links (bus and railway station).

We have an OPEN DAY every Wednesday from 10:00am until 4:00pm so come and view the show flat on Braunstone Gate and pick up some free giveaways (as well as snacks)!

We've already sold out of the bronze en suite rooms as well as the 3 sharer flats so book your room soon to guarantee a place!

Melanie @Fresh Student Living
0116 3660831 or 07469850261
[email protected]

P.S. Nelljay you’ve made a good choice - see you soon :wink:
Reply 7
I've firmed it to study Law.. I have no idea what accommodation I'm applying for but I have a tight budget so I'm not too sure what to do :frown:
I've firmed an unconditional to study Psychology! Got my accommodation through a few days ago and I'm staying at The Pavilions which was my first choice ☺️
English and American Studies, applied for accommodation a few days ago :smile:
Reply 10
I got an unconditional offers for LLB Law (Senior Status) and MSc Clinical Criminology. I am firmly choosing MSc in Clinical Crim. I have not secured accommodations as yet. I am currently looking, but it is hard being an international student. Any suggestions on a 1 bedroom flat or spacious studio apartment, all inclusive, nothing shared, and possibly includes an ensuite washer/dryer?
Hey I'm nearly a second year, avoid Freeman's Common and Mary Gee as accommo. Nixon is right next to campus and has some really nice rooms but has a lot of foreign kids. Oadby is a bus away from uni so you might need a bus pass too :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Nelljay
Criminology, Fresh student living

I'm going to be starting criminology in September after doing a year of law at reading, are you looking for a housemate?
Reply 13
Hey, anyone still looking for a housemate? I'm transferring to Leicester and need a large double room in a house on 1st July that allows pets, I have bunnies who need a garden to live in and a cat 😊 Have been at reading uni for the past year doing law but changing to criminology at Leicester
Original post by studentcrying
This is for anyone making Leicester university their firm choiceeee :smile:

comment what you want to study and what accommodation you applied for

Im starting neuroscience and am probably applying for accomodation somewhere in oadby village, jofo or bowder. Is there a facebook group chat or anyyhing for leicester uni freshers??
I've applied for Law! I've chosen for Oadby for accommodation bc i thought it would be nice to be a little away from campus
Original post by noors_ark
Im starting neuroscience and am probably applying for accomodation somewhere in oadby village, jofo or bowder. Is there a facebook group chat or anyyhing for leicester uni freshers??

there is a facebook group chat. :biggrin: do you want me to add you?
Reply 17
Original post by FaithAM
I got an unconditional offers for LLB Law (Senior Status) and MSc Clinical Criminology. I am firmly choosing MSc in Clinical Crim. I have not secured accommodations as yet. I am currently looking, but it is hard being an international student. Any suggestions on a 1 bedroom flat or spacious studio apartment, all inclusive, nothing shared, and possibly includes an ensuite washer/dryer?

Hi Guys! I've firmed my offer for MSc in Environmental Informatics. I'm also still looking for accommodation but its quite difficult as well being an International Student. Can anyone give me any recommendations. I've planned on applying for the City Living accommodation....but still keeping an eye open!!
Hiiii. I'm a fourth year! So just a bit of advice - I spent first year at Mary Gee (the really old accommodation) and had the best year of my life. So it doesn't matter which accommodation you are in, it's the people that made it. DON'T go catered, such a waste of money. I've lived on pasta pretty much and I'm fine. So you can do the same! Shared bathrooms and kitchens aren't that bad. Its not worth the extra to not share. It's no biggy, they get cleaned really often.

Enjoy your time at Uni of Leicester, I've had a great few years!
firmed Leicester for LLB Law. forgot the exact name of my accommodation unfortunately. i really hope i get the grades! good luck everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest