The Student Room Group

National Union of Students elects Malia Bouattia as president.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-36094328

"A student who previously rejected a motion condemning the so-called Islamic State has been elected as the president of the National Union of Students."

How progressive, how forward-thinking.

Scroll to see replies

Recent events show how moronic the NUS is as of late, so that's no surprise.
Can we have a round of applause to congratulate her on her election victory. On second thoughts, we'll make it a round of jazz hands as we don't want to scare anyone of a nervous disposition.

You've got to give to to the NUS, for all their irrelevance, they are quite entertaining.
Reply 3
Original post by Quantex
Can we have a round of applause to congratulate her on her election victory. On second thoughts, we'll make it a round of jazz hands as we don't want to scare anyone of a nervous disposition.

You've got to give to to the NUS, for all their irrelevance, they are quite entertaining.

Yeah, at least they're consistently **** lol
Malia Bouattia also co-wrote an article describing Birmingham University as "something of a Zionist outpost"
Student unions are a joke, anyway. Very few people vote for them, even fewer actually care. They're a bunch of self-serving, self-righteous far-left douche canoes taking a year out from their sociology or 'political science' degrees to whine about non-issues and bash whichever institution isn't far-left enough for their tastes (which is just about all of them). Not to mention how the whole thing is essentially a single party system where conservatives have next to no representation whatsoever (because the only people who get far enough in student government are self-serving, self-righteous, far-left douche canoes).
Reply 6
Original post by Dodgypirate

"A student who previously rejected a motion condemning the so-called Islamic State has been elected as the president of the National Union of Students."

How progressive, how forward-thinking.

"Left wingers support Islam, Islamic terrorism and Islamic extremists"

Hardly news, everyone knows this. It's why no one listens or cares for the NUS, majority of students don't even know the members of the Union. It's where the left wingers can praise terrorists without annoying anyone.
Why does the BBC headline say she is the first black Moslem female president of the NUS? She is Algerian descent and most likely to be Berber or Arab.
Original post by Good bloke
Why does the BBC headline say she is the first black Moslem female president of the NUS? She is Algerian descent and most likely to be Berber or Arab.

Original post by NeoconZionist
I believe it's because she identifies as black and Muslim.

Be careful though, if you question this then you're a xenophobic islamophobic racist!

Gotta tick as many of those boxes as you can...
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The headline actually said "Muslim" but if copy and pasting is too hard for you...

Are there no black Berbers or Arabs that you would make such an idiotic comment like that?

Yes, Moslem. That is what I said, but it isn't relevant in this context. Her superstitious beliefs are not under discussion.

I have never come across a black Berber or Arab, which, as far as I am aware are not normally described as black races.

If I am wrong perhaps you can furnish me with the names of a few black Arabs or Berbers, together with a link to a picture.
I've come across a black Palestinian. He would be extremely offended at a white person telling him that he is not entitled to be a "black Arab" because this white man, in his self-aggrandizing arrogance, has never seen a black Arab/berber before.

A person from Palestine is not necessarily an Arab, and if he is black it is extremely unlikely. I am not clear what my racial origins' relevance is to the discussion. Perhaps you are going down the road of saying that only black people can discuss the racial origins of black people. If so, that is pretty odd.

I cannot see how not having seen something either non-existent or extremely rare makes me arrogant. Perhaps you just meant to say 'puzzled'; it is an easy mistake to make.
You do realise that colour (including Black) is simply a matter of pigmentation?

By that metric, she's practically white.
Original post by Omen96
"Left wingers support Islam, Islamic terrorism and Islamic extremists"

Hardly news, everyone knows this. It's why no one listens or cares for the NUS, majority of students don't even know the members of the Union. It's where the left wingers can praise terrorists without annoying anyone.

As someone who considers himself a sane left leaner(who doesn't follow the unpatriotic apologist mantra) I can't describe how much I dislike these fuc*kers.

Almost as much as the Tories.:biggrin:
You do realise that colour (including Black) is simply a matter of pigmentation?

Shallow people can't get their heads around the fact that "black" is more than colour and to some people, it's actually heritage, a concept and struggle that they identify with more than anything else.

Hmmm.....
Reply 14
Original post by JamesN88
As someone who considers himself a sane left leaner(who doesn't follow the unpatriotic apologist mantra) I can't describe how much I dislike these fuc*kers.

Almost as much as the Tories.:biggrin:

like it or not, the people who represent you are all pro Islam and pro Islamism. I used to believe "it's not all of them" or "it's not representative" but every left winger I meet and every left wing representative I meet is pro Islam, pro Islamic terrorism and pro extremism. I hate Islam as much as I hate Christianity or any of these vile ideologies but no not left wingers, they all defend it all the time by declaring it "the religion of peace and tolerance", pathetic all of them. I was never angry or this stereotypical towards left leaning voters but recent years has shown me the true face of left wing politics and vile it is. I can't believe I once associated with these people because of my concern for animal rights, women rights, Environmental rights ect. but that is not what the left stand for, just a pro-Islam group, and to think I thought we were moving away from religion in politics :/

I don't get the remark about the Tories, I hate the Tories
Please do not speak of things which you have no knowledge of.

Well, you can but you'll be making a fool of yourself, if you haven't already.

You take exception to me saying that a person from Palestine is not necessarily an Arab. Yet the streets of London are full of people who are not Caucasian. Are you under the impression there are no migrants or mixed race people in Palestine? In fact, only about 83% of Palestinians are Arabs.

If it is a matter purely of self-identification then the discussion is over. I can identify myself as Chinese but it doesn't mean my racial origins are Chinese (and it is racial origins we are discussing).
Original post by Omen96
like it or not, the people who represent you are all pro Islam and pro Islamism. I used to believe "it's not all of them" or "it's not representative" but every left winger I meet and every left wing representative I meet is pro Islam, pro Islamic terrorism and pro extremism. I hate Islam as much as I hate Christianity or any of these vile ideologies but no not left wingers, they all defend it all the time by declaring it "the religion of peace and tolerance", pathetic all of them. I was never angry or this stereotypical towards left leaning voters but recent years has shown me the true face of left wing politics and vile it is. I can't believe I once associated with these people because of my concern for animal rights, women rights, Environmental rights ect. but that is not what the left stand for, just a pro-Islam group, and to think I thought we were moving away from religion in politics :/

I don't get the remark about the Tories, I hate the Tories

I meant about me hating them almost as much as I hate the Tories.:smile:

I'm not anti Islam(I'm am atheist who supports religious freedom and ridicules them all equally) but have a zero tolerance approach towards dealing with religious extremism. If it was up to me I'd banish all the extremist preachers currently in the UK along with Britain First to an uninhabited island.
NUS elects the most steriotypcally NUS person (in views and prejudices) imaginable. Hardly a shocker
I don't think you actually have any right to define who or what she is.

If she feels like describing herself as the black female, then she can very well do so.

Shallow people can't get their heads around the fact that "black" is more than colour and to some people, it's actually heritage, a concept and struggle that they identify with more than anything else.

Ok, can I be a white Asian of African decent then.

Is there a form I have to fill out or something?

Also, the skin is the largest organ in the body, correlative differences with this within regional groups is significant of many other correlative and measurable differences. It is not some idiosyncratic social construct made up by white elitists. Not least of which, black men they have higher testosterone levels and higher rates of prostate cancer, sickle cell anemia, more vulnerable to certain diseases like HIV......... I could go on.

Suffice to say that;

You wouldn't want a doctor who thought race was a figment of our collective racism treating you or a loved one.

and

Race is not just pigmentation. It has taxonomic meaning within science, we can use DNA testing to tell what race a person is, and the color/race of people has also got serious notable and measurable social patterns that repeat.
Original post by Dodgypirate

Harry's Place did a good write-up on Bouattia's history of making bigoted comments and stirring up discord

http://hurryupharry.org/2016/04/18/bouattia-in-her-own-words/

And the Tab published a video of her supporting violence against civilians (a war crime)

http://thetab.com/2016/04/19/watch-future-nus-president-malia-bouattia-endorse-violent-struggle-87052

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending