The Student Room Group

isa did not go well

Basically i need advice my chemistry isa did not go well now i am wondering if i should do the empa or forget about it and concentrate on my exams.

Thanks
In my A2 Chemistry ISA, I actually cried. It was a titration-related one and I didn't get a single colour change after titrating a stupid amount, so I did it horribly wrong and got no results, and had to make some up. In the written exams I still got some marks so I just focused on the exams to make the best out of that situation, and that is what you should do. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
In my A2 Chemistry ISA, I actually cried. It was a titration-related one and I didn't get a single colour change after titrating a stupid amount, so I did it horribly wrong and got no results, and had to make some up. In the ISA I still got some marks so I just focused on the exams to make the best out of that situation, and that is what you should do. :h:

thanks for the reply isas are the worst had a similar experience last year decided to the empa which i did to better in but i was doing that in the middle of actual exams. Yeah i think i am probably better of just concentrating on my exams (doing all 4 units).
Original post by thatchemphy
thanks for the reply isas are the worst had a similar experience last year decided to the empa which i did to better in but i was doing that in the middle of actual exams. Yeah i think i am probably better of just concentrating on my exams (doing all 4 units).

Ah, I see. If you have the choice of doing the EMPA in the middle of your exams, then have a think back to last year (you said that you did better in) and then remember that you're doing all 4 units this year. If you've worked enough for the exams then the EMPA related stuff won't be completely unfamiliar but it would be a bit of stress.

Quick Reply

Latest