The Student Room Group

Switzerland Suspends Citizenship process for Muslim Family

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
Not really.

"Hi, I want to join your private members' club"
"Sure, these are the rules and this is what we do"
"Ah, yes. I'm not happy with all of it and I think I will ignore some of it, but I still want to join"
"Perhaps not. Thanks for your interest anyway. Good day."

Please read the article.
The issue is that the school staff said do not shake hands with anyone, yet the boys get punished still.

Imo the people who should be punished should not be those who told someone of their concerns and were given wrong advice.
Original post by HAnwar
Their problem.
And it's not my rules. It's the rules of their religion, so they should educate themselves about it.

Sorry but i don't know where you are from, but i am from the uk and here it is perfectly acceptable for a boy and girl to high five, shake hands or even hug. if you don't like it, i suggest you leave okay?

thanks inshallah you have a safe journey back
Original post by john2054
Sorry but i don't know where you are from, but i am from the uk and here it is perfectly acceptable for a boy and girl to high five, shake hands or even hug. if you don't like it, i suggest you leave okay?

thanks inshallah you have a safe journey back

Please send the money to my account asap so I can leave ok?

Thanks God bless you.
Can one have a "virtual handshake"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The Swiss are offended and stopped naturalisation proceedings because some people refused to shake the hand of someone else?

That's extremely petty and child like.

They didn't refuse to shake someone's hand. They refused to shake the hands of all women outside their family...on principle. I think that's a crucial distinction to make.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
Please send the money to my account asap so I can leave ok?

Thanks God bless you.

Just kidding you can stay. But seriously, i don't think it's right that you are telling you children not even to 'high five' their friends in school. That's really out of order i'm afraid.
Just kidding you can stay. But seriously, i don't think it's right that you are telling you children not even to 'high five' their friends in school. That's really out of order i'm afraid.

I will probably end up sending my children to an Islamic school, so I won't have that problem.
Also I won't tell them not to 'high five' any kids. It's when they get older they should know they shouldn't be doing it.
Original post by HAnwar
I will probably end up sending my children to an Islamic school, so I won't have that problem.
Also I won't tell them not to 'high five' any kids. It's when they get older they should know they shouldn't be doing it.

The young woman i high fived, is my uni class mate. I'm sorry that your world is so small, that you cannot allow to accept this.

Please keep this small mindedness to yourself, thanks.
Reply 168
Original post by HAnwar
Their problem.
And it's not my rules. It's the rules of their religion, so they should educate themselves about it.

Can you give me the proper quote from the Quran saying that? It's only a hadith.

Some Swiss Muslims have agreed with me:
"There was no reference in the Koran justifying a refusal to shake a woman teacher's hand, said the Swiss Federation of Islamic Organisations. Saida Keller-Messahli of the Forum for Progressive Islam urged the Swiss not to give in to extremist demands."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35967349
The young woman i high fived, is my uni class mate. I'm sorry that your world is so small, that you cannot allow to accept this.

Please keep this small mindedness to yourself, thanks.

Idc what Muslim woman high fived you.
But sounds like she should read up on her religion and it's rules.

And no, I won't.
Original post by Josb
Can you give me the proper quote from the Quran saying that? It's only a hadith.

"There was no reference in the Koran justifying a refusal to shake a woman teacher's hand, said the Swiss Federation of Islamic Organisations. Saida Keller-Messahli of the Forum for Progressive Islam urged the Swiss not to give in to extremist demands."

There is no proper Quranic verse.
There are many things which are not found in the Quran, so we use ahadith for them.
Even if it's only in hadith (a strong one) then that's enough for us.

Lol I bet they are the so called Quranists.
Reply 171
Original post by HAnwar
There is no proper Quranic verse.There are many things which are not found in the Quran, so we use ahadith for them.Even if it's only in hadith (a strong one) then that's enough for us.Lol I bet they are the so called Quranists.

Sola scriptura.

Original post by HAnwar
Idc what Muslim woman high fived you.
But sounds like she should read up on her religion and it's rules.

Well, maybe she has read the Quran and found nothing against it.
Original post by Josb
Sola scriptura.

Well, maybe she has read the Quran and found nothing against it.

Well she should've listened to the Prophet and followed the sunnah and read ahadith as well.
Original post by BaconandSauce

On Tuesday, authorities in the canton of Basel-Country where Therwil is located, said that naturalisation proceedings for the family had been put on hold

Good. If they find Switzerland's customs to be not to their liking, they may leave and return to the Middle East so they don't have to be exposed to such "outrages" as hand-shaking.
Original post by BaconandSauce

On Tuesday, authorities in the canton of Basel-Country where Therwil is located, said that naturalisation proceedings for the family had been put on hold

Good. If they find Swiss customs to be not to their liking, then they can find another place to live. Perhaps they can return to the Middle East so that they don't have to be exposed to such "outrages" as treating a woman as an equal
Original post by Josb

Don't expect too much from the resident Salafists. :tongue:
Original post by Josb

Very interesting (and I applaud) that the Swiss Islamic Federation urged the canton not to accommodate extremists. But the comments of the other Islamic group were interesting;

However the smaller Islamic Central Council of Switzerland said that a handshake between men and women was prohibited. "After the sex attacks in Cologne (on New Year's Eve), they asked Muslims to keep their distance from women; now they demand they get closer to them," spokesman Qaasim Illi told Swiss media.

How dishonest is that? No government said that after the Cologne sex attacks that Muslims had to keep their distance from women. The hostility and tantrum-y quality of that man's whine suggests that they do not have any intention of integrating, and I don't think these people should stay if they don't intend to actually be a part of our society. It should be made clear to immigrants that they are not allowed to come simply to create an enclave of their native society in the West, to enjoy its freedom and rule of law and economic/technological benefits (and also its welfare state provisions) without actually being a part of it.
Reply 177
Original post by Hydeman
Don't expect too much from the resident Salafists. :tongue:

I like to point their contradictions. It looks like Salafists have invented many things that are not in the Koran, hence why I said Sola Scriptura.
Original post by Josb
I like to point their contradictions. It looks like Salafists have invented many things that are not in the Koran, hence why I said Sola Scriptura.

Keep up the good work. :five: They certainly deserve it.
Original post by Josb

1461219511240.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending