The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biryani007
You do indeed :rofl:

(I was kidding)
Yeh can dream Bi Bi.
You're one of our own now. Things will never be the same again.
Original post by TheHistoryphile
I'm talking from a general perspective, I feel like they don't. It's sad because as an Pakistani desi girl I find white men attractive but for some reason I feel like if I were to date one he would be lowering his standards of beauty. I know it's awful but that is how it makes me feel. I've only ever dated desi men because I feel like we are on the same level...

I watched this awhile ago and it exemplifies what I'm talking about. All his reactions towards the pretty white girls were far more appreciative of their beauty than the women of colour, also the muslim girl doesn't count because she is wearing blue contacts lenses (Amira hallomi? her natural eyes are brown) and blue eyes is an inherently white feature.

[video="youtube;dlPwVlKOXO8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPwVlKOXO8[/video]

The guy in the video really is the reason I raised this point, it just is an example of everything I'm talking about.

I'm not putting them on a pedestal intentionally I swear, it is just I feel like we will always be compared to the European standards of beauty.

Ofcourse everyone is different, I just wish this attitude didn't exist.

You do realise that guy is one guy and by watching the video I noticed he really had the biggest preference towards girls that look like really similar himself.
A lot of people are like that you can't blame him.

Also some of the girls he was yelling at (I'm guessing in some sort of pleasure) didn't have blue eyes at all, in fact more Arabian or Latino features of lightly tanned skin dark hair and eyes so .....

There are definitely white boys that like girls of "colour.

Also what is it you like about white boys? Like from a specific area or do you just want the white skin etc?
I'm talking from a general perspective, I feel like they don't. It's sad because as an Pakistani desi girl I find white men attractive but for some reason I feel like if I were to date one he would be lowering his standards of beauty. I know it's awful but that is how it makes me feel. I've only ever dated desi men because I feel like we are on the same level...

I watched this awhile ago and it exemplifies what I'm talking about. All his reactions towards the pretty white girls were far more appreciative of their beauty than the women of colour, also the muslim girl doesn't count because she is wearing blue contacts lenses (Amira hallomi? her natural eyes are brown) and blue eyes is an inherently white feature.

[video="youtube;dlPwVlKOXO8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPwVlKOXO8[/video]

they do(I do)
Reply 63
Original post by Biryani007
I was taking the piss :lol:

I'm guessing 1/8 would be a great-grandparent's ethnicity...

XD I have no idea.
Original post by Espada Null
There is no study that could prove you are inherently more likely to be attracted to your own race.

As soon as we are born into this world our minds are conditioned by our environments and society.

Unless you can find some way to erase a lifetime of social conditioning, there's no way you could prove people are inherently more attracted to their own race.

btw what social conditioning would make you more attracted to your own race?
Original post by GUMI
>It's natural for most people to be attracted to their own race
>I'm attracted to white guys
what? :l

"most people", she said. She's an exception to that.
Objectively they might consider them attractive but are just not particularly attracted to them.

Most white men prefer white women.

Just how it is.
Original post by stefano865
Objectively they might consider them attractive but are just not particularly attracted to them.

Most white men prefer white women.

Just how it is.

it's not even just white men.

the freakiest thing I saw, was (or even is right now lmao) an arab guy fell for a girl that literally looked like she could be his sibling they looked SO ****ING SIMILAR!!! Everyone said she looked like his daughter or sister. It was so creepy like creepy af, she looked like just him but with thinner features (he has thick lips and eyebrows) and his frame his really big, she's basically him but alot smaller and with thinner lips, eyebrows.
Dont see why you care so much about what other races think tbh

I don't care about your post, but the guy at 3:56 OMG!! :love:
No she sounds like she's basically stating what people are doing.
Kim K and Kylie Jenner etc, that is what they're doing.

yes she was right that white skin does not directly equate to the colour of skin anymore and that all skin colours can be attractive.

the men of colour comment was subjective.

what's specifically retarded about what she wrote?
Original post by Eternalflames
I don't care about your post, but the guy at 3:56 OMG!! :love:

I think he's arab, well he definitely looks it, and YES HE IS SO HOT!

Spoiler

I'm also Pakistani and for a Pakistani I'm not really dark but compared to others I am also I turned this specific colour because of reasons , I was born a very light tone btw, and growing up and being in school I feel like if you are a dark Asian people will automatically find you ugly , it's just I feel people just prefer lighter skinned girls ???
Rubbish. Total bollox.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Yeh can dream Bi Bi.
You're one of our own now. Things will never be the same again.

Pls nooo....HELPPP, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!
Original post by Novascope
So why is it that a majority of people are in fact attracted to their own race? Idk why you're trying to argue with me as if I've said this is a problem lol. It's true, most people do go for their own race while the minority are more open to others...

I think it depends where you grow up. My boyfriend is white and grew up in a non white part of London, he doesn't really find white girls attractive and prefers Asian, mixed or black. I think if he had grown up in a different area his preference may be different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This topic ..
White women are consistently deemed as more attractive. And if you're not white, then you should at least have some inherently white features. I don't necessarily believe it's just white men who prefer white women, I think it's most people in general due to Eurocentric beauty value being portrayed in the media. As we grow up, perhaps people are more accepting and open to dating a diverse range of people as we meet more people but I definitely feel that when we are younger, e.g. in secondary school, we are more likely to believe in societal norms. I, as an East Asian female, have experienced a lot of this and noticed a lot of this around me. White features are naturally just deemed prettier. All in all, though, being white does not always mean an automatic superiority to a person of colour. Each situation depends but in general yes (especially non-mixed) POCs are less likely to be swiped right on tinder or rated attractive. :frown:
Although, why date white guys? What is this yearning arousal you have for them? Question that. Be critical of your own subconscious desires because, much of the time, they've probably manifested as a result of internalised racism and constant subjection to Western beauty standards!!! Keep your mind open and don't put certain groups on a pedestal. If you feel like a guy is lowering his standards to date you then **** him, he's not worth it. Anyway, you're more than your race and physical features. Consider those as potential reasons for him being attracted to you!
Reply 79
Original post by hedwig8
Although, why date white guys? What is this yearning arousal you have for them? Question that. Be critical of your own subconscious desires because, much of the time, they've probably manifested as a result of internalised racism and constant subjection to Western beauty standards!!! Keep your mind open and don't put certain groups on a pedestal. If you feel like a guy is lowering his standards to date you then **** him, he's not worth it. Anyway, you're more than your race and physical features. Consider those as potential reasons for him being attracted to you!

Some people just tend to be attracted to a certain race only, doesn't necessarily stem from self-hate...

Latest

Trending

Trending