The Student Room Group

Which Maths A level exam board should I do?

I'd like to self-study A level Maths myself over Year 13. I don't know which exam board I should do it with though.

My sixth form does AQA, but as I understand it, Edexcel seems to hold the monopoly. Current AQA AS students also claim that there are still January exams, which would be an issue for me because I wouldn't be able to cover the A2 content before I've finished with the AS. I need all the exams to be at the end of the year, or for me to be able to just do the AS in January and the A2 in May/June.

Which exam board has the best and most up-to-date resources, including textbooks and access to past papers? What are the common perceptions of the exam boards? Which are regarded as the hardest/easiest? I won't make my decision solely on that, but I want to know exactly what I'd be getting myself into.Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
there are no january exams and the best is edexcel it has the most resources
Original post by Rubyx
there are no january exams

That's really weird, because the guy I spoke to in my year said that there were, which would have presumably meant that he had already sat them. Unless he's just talking BS?
edexcel in my opinion
Original post by Abstract_Prism
That's really weird, because the guy I spoke to in my year said that there were, which would have presumably meant that he had already sat them. Unless he's just talking BS?

BS. There are no January exams for A levels from AQA, EDEXCEL OR OCR.
Last set of January A level exams in England were in 2013.
International A levels are still available in November (CIE) or January ((Pearson/Edexcel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest