The Student Room Group

Is applying now 'Late' in the cycle?

Hi,

I've applied to several MSc courses and got my references in this week. Applications opened up for these courses in October and end at the end of June and July.

Is getting my app complete in late April considered late? i.e. Assuming it's rolling admissions, am I less likely to get in now then before? More likely than if I applied days before the deadline?

Also am I likely to hear back sooner at this stage as the cycle, or is it the same 6-8 weeks as people who applied early on go through?

Please advise
Original post by ZX32
Hi,

I've applied to several MSc courses and got my references in this week. Applications opened up for these courses in October and end at the end of June and July.

Is getting my app complete in late April considered late? i.e. Assuming it's rolling admissions, am I less likely to get in now then before? More likely than if I applied days before the deadline?

Also am I likely to hear back sooner at this stage as the cycle, or is it the same 6-8 weeks as people who applied early on go through?

Please advise

PG applications peak just after easter. So you've applied in the most common time of year. It isn't late but it likely will take abit of time to get responses if they have had more applications than usual (which given the new PG loan is likely)
This time last year I applied to the LSE and got an offer for a relatively competitive course. You'll be fine, as long as your application is strong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending