The Student Room Group

female teacher 27 had sex with pupil 16

Scroll to see replies

Disgusting criminal. She needs to spend a loooooong time behind bars.

People saying that he's a lad are all taking things lightly. It's illegal because she may have been marked him out of all her other male students and chose him because he seemed most susceptible to her plans. Then she proceeds to seduce him and groom him into her fold. In effect she set a trap that he was not able to forsee and she manipulated his emotions to her benefit and all along he'd of have no clue.

Now tell me, how is that not predatory and not criminal?
Original post by balanced
We must, however, consider the boys situation. It would be very easy for him to claim that it had an adverse affect on him, after all it would come down to the weight of his words vs hers, which he would likely win. He is simply trying to come out as best as he can.

Great, now you're trying to blame and tarnish the victim.
Original post by JamesN88
Hardly abuse IMO.

You know he was fist-bumping his mates the day after when he told them about shagging her.

Do you think that 16 year old girls that willfully have sex with adults go home and cry after? So I don't see your point.
I

This thread is very disgusting with all the replies and this article is horrible. I don't like hearing about things like this. 8 year old. Then I can't understand how Muslims defend Mohammed with the 9 year old citing that "it was a different culture". In that different culture were 9 year olds ready for sex? Then someone else told me that the heat made them develop faster. :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
People saying that he's a lad are all taking things lightly. It's illegal because she may have been marked him out of all her other male students and chose him because he seemed most susceptible to her plans. Then she proceeds to seduce him and groom him into her fold. In effect she set a trap that he was not able to forsee and she manipulated his emotions to her benefit and all along he'd of have no clue.

Conjecture

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Optimum_
Adam Johnson, he got 6 years for kissing and touching a 15 year old.

Wasn't he the footballer? The teacher should deffo be punished, but her being under sixteen might make a difference.

I vaguely remember a case a couple of years back where an NQT met and slept with a girl who had just left the school he had started teaching at, and he got in trouble for it. I can't remember any specific details like names or places, so would be hars to dig up, but it does show a double standard, when he hadn't even met the girl, and he had every reason to assume she was of age because she was in a nightclub.
Reply 48
Are we aiming for equality or something else?
People on this thread have said because the victim is male it should be treated differently imagine saying a female should be treated differently in any other aspect of life.
She knew what she was doing was wrong. He even tried to end the romance and she kept messaging him and sending explicit pictures. Throw her in jail.
Original post by cherryred90s
She knew what she was doing was wrong. He even tried to end the romance and she kept messaging him and sending explicit pictures. Throw her in jail.

Teacher or not, sixteen or not, sending explicit pictures to an under 18 is illegal. Throw her away and lock up the key.

When I was 13-16, it would have been easy for a teacher to manipulate me like she did him. Just because he was 16 at the time, doesn't mean he was when she started to groom him.
What is our country coming to???
Reply 52
Original post by Pablo Picasso
The media often exaggerate such reports

I've read a few accounts of guys who have been in that position. They spoke about having trust issues, difficulty forming relationships and other mental health issues after the event. I really don't think there is much exaggeration, especially given that in many of these cases it is the boy who goes to his parents, even in this case he came clean as soon as he was confronted by them. To me that suggests a perception that something is wrong with the whole thing.
Reply 53

OMG.. Where were all these slutty teachers when I was a kid?
This thread is very disgusting with all the replies and this article is horrible. I don't like hearing about things like this. 8 year old. Then I can't understand how Muslims defend Mohammed with the 9 year old citing that "it was a different culture". In that different culture were 9 year olds ready for sex? Then someone else told me that the heat made them develop faster. :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

WTF?! :lolwut:
NO 9 year is ready for sex. Even if a girl or boy has started puberty by then, it's just wrong they're still a child.

I could get reported for saying anything extra, so I'll just leave it here.
Gender shouldnt come into

And saying that he was fist-bumping his mates isn't?

lol your gay if you read what happened his parents suspected something so he dropped her in it he probably absolutely loved it. Also 16 is the age of consent the only reason she is in trouble is because she is a teacher if she was a hairdresser there would be no crime committed.
Original post by karl pilkington
lol your gay if you read what happened his parents suspected something so he dropped her in it he probably absolutely loved it. Also 16 is the age of consent the only reason she is in trouble is because she is a teacher if she was a hairdresser there would be no crime committed.

No, I'm not gay. I'm not sure if you were using that as an insult or you were confused by my posts in other threads so I'll let that comment slide.

Yes, 16 is the age of consent but it is still illegal for an adult ie 18+ to have sex with a minor ie <18. So it's illegal for that reason and also yes because she is a teacher because she had undue influence upon him. She was an authority figure in his life and it would be very easy to manipulate him into whatever she wanted him to do.
Maybe at first he felt pressured into it but she being an authority figure assured him that what they were doing is OK and that it's legal.
No, I'm not gay. I'm not sure if you were using that as an insult or you were confused by my posts in other threads so I'll let that comment slide.

Yes, 16 is the age of consent but it is still illegal for an adult ie 18+ to have sex with a minor ie <18. So it's illegal for that reason and also yes because she is a teacher because she had undue influence upon him. She was an authority figure in his life and it would be very easy to manipulate him into whatever she wanted him to do.
Maybe at first he felt pressured into it but she being an authority figure assured him that what they were doing is OK and that it's legal.

no this is incorrect it is illegal to have sex with a minor under the age of 16. The only reason she is in trouble is because she was in a position of trust. Please educate yourself about UK law. Also you don't know that she pressured him etc he could have been the one to pressure and manipulate her. He was 16 not 10. Most 16 yr olds can handle themselves against a woman

Quick Reply

Latest