The Student Room Group

Interested in Postgraduated Loan

Hello, I have got an overseas degree according to the UK is equivalent to UK Bachelors degree standard.
As I want to do a master I am wondering If I am eligible knowing I have been in UK since 01/01/2013 and got an indefinite leave to remain in UK.
Also, I am wondering if GCSE ENGLISH GRADE B is accepted as entry requirement instead of ILETS?

Zakia.

Many thanks
Original post by Sirahdz
Hello, I have got an overseas degree according to the UK is equivalent to UK Bachelors degree standard.
As I want to do a master I am wondering If I am eligible knowing I have been in UK since 01/01/2013 and got an indefinite leave to remain in UK.
Also, I am wondering if GCSE ENGLISH GRADE B is accepted as entry requirement instead of ILETS?

Zakia.

Many thanks

The eligibility requirements for the PG loans is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=23299-Postgraduate-Loan-Full-time-Who-can-get-a-PGL

UK residence isn't enough - you must be resident in England for 3 years prior to your course starting.

English language requirements are set by universities - contact them to ask what they will accept.
Original post by Sirahdz

Zakia.

Many thanks

Hi

Yes, you would be eligible for Post graduate loan if you've got indefinite leave to remain and have been living in the UK for more than three years and normally live in England before the start of your course. I can’t help you with entry requirements unfortunately, it would be best to check that with the university.

Laura
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Laura SFE
Hi

Yes, you would be eligible for Post graduate loan because you’ve got indefinite leave to remain and have been living in the UK for more than three years. I can’t help you with entry requirements unfortunately, it would be best to check that with the university.

Laura

Can you clarify this? My understanding was that applicants had to be ordinarily resident in England specifically.
Original post by PQ
Can you clarify this? My understanding was that applicants had to be ordinarily resident in England specifically.

Updated my post be be clearer, generally students have to be normally resident in England before the start of their course and have been living in the UK for the three years before the start of their course to get a Postgraduate Loan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending