The Student Room Group

Who would win a fight, a top MMA fighter or a special forces operative?

Just curious
a special forces operative
Reply 2
I think a special forces operative too. They're trained to incapacitate people by breaking joints and inflicting pain with pressure points etc
Original post by Darien91
I think a special forces operative too. They're trained to incapacitate people by breaking joints and inflicting pain with pressure points etc

just watch any Steven Seagal movie... he just takes every single bad guy apart every time.
Obviously a top MMA fighter.

Hand to hand combat is a small part of sas training compared to weapons training, CQB, Fibua, hostage situations, explosives and all the rest.

Also sas guys tend to be more endurance types than super strong because running around hills with 50kg on your back

Whereas an MMA fighter is devoted to his 20 minutes in the ring or whatever it is. He'll almost certainly win.
Reply 5
better question. Jesus vs Santa. Who would win in a fight?
What kind of fight?
Reply 7
Assuming roughly equal size, a top MMA fighter would win easily.
Reply 8
In a no rules fight to death, then my money is on the special op
special forces dude can call in an airstrike :smug:
In an MMA fight obviously the MMA fighter.

If it's a no-rules fight then it's hard to say for that reason. Things like biting and eye-gouging negate a lot of grappling techniques in the real world.
Original post by JamesN88
In an MMA fight obviously the MMA fighter.

If it's a no-rules fight then it's hard to say for that reason. Things like biting and eye-gouging negate a lot of grappling techniques in the real world.

Maybe. Although in a RNC I cant see how anyone can eye gouge. I wouldn't want to bite the arm that is constricting my neck either - if the guy in control jerks suddenly in pain rather than letting go. say hello broken neck.
Original post by 50% Alpha

jesus, hands down
MMA fighter for sure lol.
Depends on the rule set. I'd say in a ring, the mma guy. But no rules barred, probably the military operative? They are taught to kill after all?!
Original post by ModernGoodGuy
Maybe. Although in a RNC I cant see how anyone can eye gouge. I wouldn't want to bite the arm that is constricting my neck either - if the guy in control jerks suddenly in pain rather than letting go. say hello broken neck.

Agreed about the RNC although I suppose you could bend their fingers back. At the same time if someone takes your back and there's no rules they could bash in the back of your head and spine and fu*ck you right up.

I was thinking of triangles or arm-bars where you'd likely just bite their leg. Situations like side-control or half-guard you'd be probably be gouging each other so it could go either way.

It would be brutal but interesting to watch from the perspective of an MMA fan.
Original post by quasa
jesus, hands down

What about Santa, a load of stampeding reindeer and a mob of angry elves? :biggrin:
Original post by JamesN88
What about Santa, a load of stampeding reindeer and a mob of angry elves? :biggrin:

turn water into wine (spike the reindeer and munchkins before santa can even call them), then beat down the jolly old fatman mano e mano (that being said, there are fat guys who are good at martial arts and have competed at national championships)
Original post by 50% Alpha

I would say it would end up in a draw. Santa is quite a sizeable chap and has to be very physically fit. He has to be able to haul his massive ass and sacks of presents up and down chimneys every year. Big blokes not only can take a harder knock, but they can deal a more powerful blow too simply because of physics.......not that Santa bothers to obey the laws of physics.
Jesus on the other hand is rather puny. However he has a massive pain threshold and its practically impossible to kill the bastard owing to his unique ability to resurrect. He would spit nails at Santa.

Quick Reply