The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

London South Bank University Adult Nursing Placements and Timetable Havering Campus

Hi everyone,

I've been made an offer for Adult Nursing at LSBU. I was just wondering if any one could tell me a little bit about the timetable or the placements? I'd like to know roughly how many days a week and times of possible? Regarding the placements I'd like to know how many shifts a week we'd be doing, I know it would be 37.5 hours. Also do they allow you to pick hospitals or shifts, how does it work?

Thank you so much in advance
Shelley
Original post by ShelleyRL
Hi everyone,

I've been made an offer for Adult Nursing at LSBU. I was just wondering if any one could tell me a little bit about the timetable or the placements? I'd like to know roughly how many days a week and times of possible? Regarding the placements I'd like to know how many shifts a week we'd be doing, I know it would be 37.5 hours. Also do they allow you to pick hospitals or shifts, how does it work?

Thank you so much in advance
Shelley

From my understanding you follow the shift pattern of your mentor, so one placement you may be doing Mon to Friday 9 till 5 shadowing a district nurse, another placement may be 12 hour shifts including weekends on a hospital ward. You have some say over the hospital you are based at, but your requests cannot be guaranteed. I think that you won't be asked to work nights in your first year, but you be in subsequent years
London
Reply 2
Original post by Sarah Green
From my understanding you follow the shift pattern of your mentor, so one placement you may be doing Mon to Friday 9 till 5 shadowing a district nurse, another placement may be 12 hour shifts including weekends on a hospital ward. You have some say over the hospital you are based at, but your requests cannot be guaranteed. I think that you won't be asked to work nights in your first year, but you be in subsequent years

Thank you for your reply. That sounds good to me, I assumed it was always going to be 12 hour shifts in hospitals, it's actually district nursing that I would like to do so that's good to know.

Thanks
Shelley
Original post by ShelleyRL
Thank you for your reply. That sounds good to me, I assumed it was always going to be 12 hour shifts in hospitals, it's actually district nursing that I would like to do so that's good to know.

Thanks
Shelley

I had a meeting with a student adviser at LSBU yesterday and they said that during your induction week you can state a preference for the field of nursing that you are interested in and they will try and give you placements suitable for your interests. I think that all students have to spend some time in a hospital and some in the community though. She also said that you can find your own placements.
Reply 4
Original post by Sarah Green
I had a meeting with a student adviser at LSBU yesterday and they said that during your induction week you can state a preference for the field of nursing that you are interested in and they will try and give you placements suitable for your interests. I think that all students have to spend some time in a hospital and some in the community though. She also said that you can find your own placements.

Thanks for the reply. I'm quite surprised that they let us have that much input, I thought it was just a matter of them telling us when and where so that's quite nice to know.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending